33: Old Trick

Nodding at Peter, you took off in the opposite direction, headfirst into a fight- Steve would be proud.

Darting around through hallways, you took down every single guard that you came into contact with.Most of them accepted their fate and didn't fight it, just let you take your swing and knock 'em out.

Sure, you weren't walking properly, but you were doing your best despite the malnutrition, the injuries, dehydration, all the goodies.

The approaching steps behind you cause you to dart around, fists up and ready to hit. You took a deep breath at the realization that it was just Bucky. A smile crept across your face and his expression softened.

Without speaking, he ran to you as if you didn't already have the whole "I thought I lost you" cliche reunion. Not that you were complaining, though.

"We're getting you out of here, doll. I promise." he whispered, clinging onto you even tighter than earlier.

To break up the moment, two more guards that you could almost feel sorry for rushed into the same corridor as the two of you. Keyword: almost feel sorry for.

They began to fire, but honestly their aim sucked, and the few shots they could land were blocked by your boyfriend's metal arm. All but one, one damn bullet hit you in the side, but it's not the worst of you injuries right now, and Bucky didn't seem to notice, so you kept your mouth shut for the time being. 

"Shit. I'm out of ammo." Bucky said, beginning to panic.

You assessed the area and decided to test out an "old" trick.

Right before you, the gun flew into a wall, shattering it as it hit. You raised an eyebrow at your enemies and gave them the luxury of running away. Huh, telekinesis.

Bucky turned to you in a mix of shock and excitement- his eyes widened and his baby blues brightened, "You're fucking amazing." he breathed.

"Damn right I am."

"Remind me to marry you one day."

Before you could even register what he had said, someone disked back into the comms, "Romeo and Juliet, find an exit and go there, for the love of God." Tony huffed. 

No warning, he lifted you up and made his way to what you could only hope and assume was an exit.

---

The light did burn your eyes a little, but that wasn't the concern, the main one at the moment was the gunshot wound that you severely downplayed.

Bucky lowered you to the ground as you got closer to the quin jet. To keep you steady, he put an arm under yours for support.

"Agh!" you grunted as he brushed the wound site.

"What? What hurts?" he said, analyzing you.

"It's- fuck- nothing. It's nothing." you managed to hiss out.

"You're lying, what is- " he stopped as his eyes landed on the side of your ribcage.

Wordlessly, he swiftly picked you back up and gave you some minor deja vu. 

"Buck, really, it's fine just calm down."

He huffed in response. 

Laying you down on a few of the seats on the wall, he rushed to get med supplies. You took this as a chance to sit up and see just how bad it looked. 

So, yeah. Pretty bad, the blood stain on your shirt covered nearly half of your torso now, and it's not like the shirt was clean, so an infection was inevitable. 

The soldier marched back over and lifted your shirt. He tried to cover the worry in his face, but you knew what he saw- the bullet was still in there. 

He looked to you and you practically read his thoughts. 

"No- no. Banner can do it when he gets back." you said, covering the wound with your hands. 

"Or you could." he whispered, coming up with a plan of his own. 

"You're insane."

"You can remove it with your powers!" 

"Barnes, you're a genius.".