34: Playlist

You looked to Bucky, who already seemed unsure of this idea. 

A deep breath in and you tried figuring out how to do this. Just remove it with your brain- easy. You can do this. Did you just figure out how to even use your powers? Mhm, irrelevant.Let's go.

Your eyes screwed shut as the excruciating pain of a bullet coming out of you engulfed. To anyone unaware of the situation, one might've thought you were giving birth- that's how loud the scream was. 

Just as you got it almost halfway out, you began to get dizzy. On cue, Bruce ran in. 

"Stop stop stop, I've got this." he hushed, looking through the supplies Bucky grabbed earlier, "Oh that's not good." he muttered. 

A look of alarm came over both you and Bucky. 

"Why didn't you handle this immediately?" Bruce scolded like a mother who's little boy didn't do his homework or something of that sort. Your boyfriend shot you a look of "told ya so". 

"I don't know I was- AAGH! It didn't hurt as much at the moment." You said, dropping the bullet back down into you. 

"You could've said something, I could have gotten help, could've applied some pressure, been more careful-"

"I don't need to be fussed at while there is a fucking bullet lodged in between my ribs." you growled through gritted teeth. 

Bucky decided not to continue this argument at the moment, a smart move. 

Bruce stepped away and put his hands on his hips in disappointment, "I can't do this on the jet, this type of ammo sends out small spike-shaped pieces of metal when it makes contact, and the spikes are penetrating bone, we just need to keep her awake until we can get back."

Panic filled your body and you could feel the hyperventilation begin, which hurt even more because each time you contracted, the sharp pain in your ribs worsened. 

Bucky rushed to grab your hand in attempts to calm you down, "Could you patch up the ankle, or something to distract her, please?". 

Banner nodded and began to asses your other injuries

As he did this, you decided that you needed to get home as quickly as humanly possible. 

"Hey guys," you began into the comms, "Uh, could you get back to the jet fast please? I have like a metal porcupine in my ribs and I need to get to the med bay."

"What?!" Tony questioned. 

Bucky grabbed the mic from you and put it to his mouth, "She got shot and Banner needs to get her back to the tower. Get your asses back over here so we can leave."

You raised a suggestive brow at the authoritative tone in his voice. 

He playfully rolled his eyes and picked you up, this time careful of the wound. That was the thing about you and him, even in near death situations, you both found ways to make the other smile. 

Everyone flooded in as soon as Bucky sat down with you laying across him. 

Tony ran to the cockpit along with Clint, within seconds, wheels were up. 

Steve and Peter squatted next to you. 

"How bad?" Steve asked, looking up to Bucky. 

Bucky's face said enough, and Steve decided to take that as a "leave her alone" look. Peter, did not. 

"You're gonna be okay, right?" he asked, fear raising in his voice. 

You nodded your head, "Hope so... woah."

Bucky jumped at your unbalance, "What is it?"

"The room is getting fuzzy- Bucky I don't wanna die!" tears filled your eyes. You really didn't want to, you finally had a family, friends, happiness, and just peace, you couldn't just leave that. 

Peter ran off and Bucky held you tighter, "You're not going to, you- you can't, just stay awake, please, please."

He began running his hand through your hair and humming some old 40's song that you vaguely remember. 

You tried to focus on things around the jet, trying to keep your eyes open, just trying to stay alive

Peter ran back with his phone and a pair of the AirPods that you never did fully understand. 

"Here." he said, handing them to you, you looked at the screen and a smile began to form. 

The playlist, "All the bops u missed while u were killing people" read across the screen.