39: Person

Following the press conference, a mini party with just the avengers was held to celebrate your new publicity. 

"So," Tony began, "Y/n, you and tin man are pretty serious, huh?"

You cracked a smile at the nickname and looked across the room to see him telling Steve some story, very dramatically. "Yeah, I think so."

"You've got that guy wrapped around your finger, you know."

You were still watching your boyfriend as he threw his head back in laughter at one of Sam's jokes, he eventually made eye contact with you as a grin spread across his face. 

"Sure seems like it." you smirked. 

--------------

Now that you were an official Avenger, you were allowed on more missions, parties, conferences, everything. It was amazing. 

The only downside was now that Bucky grew more and more anxious that you would get hurt or killed. This sparked a few arguments...

-

Steve had asked you to go on a mission to yet another hydra base. Bucky swears it's a trap for them to get you back, but you want to prove that you're capable of pushing trauma away for the team. 

"You just don't believe in me." you muttered under your breath. He wasn't supposed to hear it, but he did.

"Don't believe in you? Y/n I'm just worried!" 

"Yeah! Worried that I'm not as capable as Steve thinks I am! I can do this!"

He dropped his head in frustration and drew in a deep breath, "I think you're capable of infiltrating a base. Thats basic shit. I don't think you'll be as capable if they're expecting you and are trying to kill you before you even get there!"

"You literally just proved my point."

"No! It's not that I think you're not able to do it I just- Agh! I do think you can but-but" his brows began to furrow and water brimmed the rims of his baby blues. 

"Bucky what's wrong, be honest." you said, dropping your tone of annoyance. 

He paced the room for a few seconds and seemed deep in thought. 

"Come sit." you spoke in a calm manner. 

Reluctantly, he plopped onto the bed, sighing as he did so. 

"So, what's actually going on?"

"I'm scared." he whispered. 

"Of what?"

"I feel vulnerable, and not for my own sake but for your's....I don't want you getting hurt, I'd rather myself get hurt and I didn't think I'd ever feel...love again and now I do and I'm scared of losing it."

You placed your hand on his leg, "James Buchanan, you're never losing me. I can't get hurt or you'll go nuts and I can't let that happen."

He broke into a smile because, let's face it, you're right, "I guess."

"I love you." you said as you moved yourself to lean against the headboard, patting the spot next to you. 

"I love you too." he crawled over and laid his head in your lap, running his hand up and down your leg. 

"Y/n?" he asked, breaking silence. 

"Yea?"

"You're my person, and you can't change that."

"You're my person too, Buck."

---

You compromised and he would go with you on missions he felt skeptical about. 

A/N: Next and final chapter is on the works rn!!!