14: Fresh Hell

A/N: Happy New Year! Also , thanks so so so much for 3k reads! I have an imagine/oneshot book so y'all should request some stuff for that :) Last thing: this is a kinda long one so get your goldfish and get comfy!

Upon hearing about this "simple" mission, your heart rate was beyond fast. Your body seemed to be on autopilot as your mind comprehended the fear that began to eat at you. 

You found yourself in your room, packing some gear for the nightmare that was soon to unfold. 

Your head perked up at the light knock you heard come from outside of your door. 

"It's open." You sighed, hoping whoever it was couldn't hear the hint of fear in your voice. 

The door slowly opened and Wanda and Nat tip toed in. 

"What's up?" You asked in a lighthearted tone. 

"You seemed a little bothered during the meeting, we just wanted to make sure you were okay." Nat said, laying a hand on your shoulder, which (of course) earned an immediate flinch. 

"Just tired, ya know?" you lied. 

"You know, you can drop the mask around us." Wanda said. 

You tilted your head to show confusion. 

Nat sat beside you. "She means you're allowed to be afraid, hun, especially around us. Nobody expects this to be easy for you." 

You fidgeted with your hands, searching for the right response.

"Well that's a relief." You chuckled. 

"Also, I'm pretty sure your boyfriend is pacing his room, worried sick for you, so I would go check on him." Nat said as she got up. 

You rolled your eyes and smirked. "Not my boyfriend." you remarked. 

"Not yetttttt" Wanda teased as she followed Nat out of the room, "But seriously, go check on him." and with that, they were out. 

You decided to take their advice and go make sure Bucky was okay, as soon as you opened the door, you quickly realized he was not. 

Clothes were thrown around the bed, he was actually pacing, as Nat had said, and stress was painted across his features. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" You said, walking over to him. 

He backed away as you got closer, "I don't need you seeing me like this." He cautioned. 

"Buck, stop moving away, it's okay." 

He was against the wall, arms pressed out, "You have enough going on, I'm not adding to that." 

You continued to move until you were inches away and could feel his heavy breathing as he attempted  to catch his breath. 

You remained there for a few seconds until it was steady. 

"Now, do you want to tell me what's goin on up there?" You said, pointing to his forehead. 

"I just don't like hydra missions, and you clearly don't either." he said quickly. 

"Don't worry about me right now, I'm fine, see?" 

"Yeah, but you're really really good at hiding feelings."

You giggled because well, he was right. "I'm not hiding them right now. Let's get you packed, okay?"

"Okay." almost instantly, he began cleaning the unnecessary gear off of the bed and you helped fold his suit to place neatly in his bag. 

"Alright, let's go face today's serving of fresh hell." he sighed. 

-----------------------

You went back to your room to get your bag, and instead found Tony, holding a case. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

" I could ask the same." you shot back. 

"Well I was just dropping this off." He said, lifting the case onto your bed.

"Enjoy!" he cheered on his way out. 

You looked at the case for a few moments before deciding to open in. 

Inside of it was a beautiful red suit, similar in shape to Nat's, only metallic, with ivory details, it sparked something in your head, but you couldn't quite place a finger on it. A sticky note on it read, "main suit". 

Underneath that was a black one, not metallic, but still gorgeous nonetheless. It too had a post it, "stealth suit."

You marveled at the case until there was a knock at the door, "Wheels up in 5!" Clint called.

"Thanks!" You called back. 

You threw on the stealth suit, and had to admit, it was amazing. It hugged your figure perfectly, and made you feel like quite the bad bitch. 

You put on a pair of combat boots and took one last look in the mirror before heading out. 

You rushed to the jet and (thankfully) were not the last one on. 

You walked over to Bucky and did a quick spin to show off your new look. 

He whistled, making you blush. 

"Thoughts?" you asked. 

Bucky opened his mouth to speak but instead, Tony out a finger over his mouth. "All compliments go directly to me, I made it." he boasted. 

Bucky smirked and looked directly at Tony. "Yes, Tony. Her ass looks amazing in that. Thank you so much. Credit to the designer." He joked. 

"Keep it in your pants, Barnes." He muttered as he walked to the pilot's seat.

You raised an eyebrow at him. "I guess my ass does look pretty amazing, huh?" 

"Don't respond to that, Buck. And Y/N, language." Steve said, patting Bucky's shoulder. 

"Why not, punk?" Bucky teased. 

"Because, Jerk, the rest of us don't wanna hear it." Steve laughed.