40: Ready?

As expected, things began to look up as far as you and Bucky's relationship. You were comfortable with him, in a way you never really understood was possible. 

Your nightmares soon got worse and Tony decided it was time for him to step in. 

"Y/n I think you need a break from the compound."

To try and describe the emotion would result in one word- clusterfucked. 

"Wh-why? Did I do something? Do I keep you guys up at night? I, I can get them under control I promise, just let me try. Or I could-"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. It's not your fault, I'm just..."

"-annoyed by me?"

"What!? No! Look, kid we're worried about you. Barnes said you're up every night, and we'd rather you take a little break and recover properly."

 You took a breather and allowed the tears sitting in the rims of your lashes to evaporate before you spoke again. "So you don't hate me?"

"Of course not, I have an apartment about 5 minutes from here, move-in ready and Bucky started to pack you guys' things."

Bucky is coming, too. That alone made things a whole lot better. "Thank you, Tony."

"Anytime." he replied, holding his arms out, implying a hug. You decided to give in and your mind allowed it and for the first time, you allowed yourself to be okay with trusting someone other than your boyfriend. 

--

Entering your room showed no difference once it was packed up. You never really spent much time in it, so there was never any need for decor. Bucky's room, however, looked odd. The lack of hair ties on the floor, the empty walls that were once decorated in random pictures that he forced you to take, the neatly made bed. It all gave a sense of unfamiliarity that you had never really associated with this room. 

"Ready, doll?"

"As I'll ever be". 

That's all for now, folks! I'll post the beginning of book 2 this week!