19: Powers?

A/N: Lol so ik I said this would be up by afternoon...sorry I lost rack of time and school is just- anyways, thank y'all so much for 10k reads, that's crazy to think 10 THOUSAND woah that's a big number lol. anyways, issa long one so enjoy:

The next few days at the tower were essentially the same, wake up, train, figure out your past (and make no progress) and then going to sleep...with Bucky of course.

Making connections was proving to be easier than you had anticipated. You and Clint cooked together almost everyday, Steve would train you, Wanda was already your best friend, Tony honestly just liked talking to someone as broken as himself, Nat and you would do ballet in your free time, Sam began to get you into football and sports and basically everything he likes, Vision was shockingly easy to hold a conversation with, Bruce would try and explain whatever he was doing as you watched in awe, and Peter honestly just loved being able to help you get back into normal life. 

-----

Today was like any other, Clint taught you how to make French toast, you worked out for a little bit, Peter showed you a High School Musical movie, and you were now on the couch, watching Sam (very aggressively) cheer on his favorite team, the Falcons, who ironically were playing the Patriots. It was the superbowl, and he was pretty invested. 

"Dammit, defense!" he yelled as he threw his hands in the air out of disappointment. 

In walked Bruce, holding a clip board and humming some tune to himself. 

"Y/n, are you free?" he asked. 

"Yeah, what's up?" you responded, getting off of the couch and hopefully slipping away unnoticed. 

"So I decided to compare your DNA to Steves, or at least the part of it that wasn't human..." he began, "I think your powers go beyond that of a super soldier." he continued as he lead you into the lab. 

"Yeah, it's called being a super pain in the ass!" Tony called out, looking up from his new prototype. 

You chose to ignore his comment and redirected your attention to Banner. 

"Anyways, what's that implying?" you questioned. 

"Honestly, anything. But the way that it's integrated into your chromosome structure kind of suggests that it was given to you a lot younger than 16...by like 10 years earlier, actually.".

You looked at the information on the clipboard, then back at Bruce, then back at the clipboard. There's no way I've been like this since I was 6, my parents still had me. 

"Okay,"you began, trying to compose yourself, "so what powers are you thinking?"

Tony began to walk over, "I got this one. Considering Hydra was big on psychology, and the amount of articles on telekinesis on that board, I would say just that."

"Stark, I know you're a genuis, but there is literally no way. I think I would know if I could do that."

Bruce laughed a little, then cleared his throat to cover for it, "Uh, *clear throat* These would probably be attached to whatever switches you from y/n to Mercy. We were so close to being able to prove that you had those powers as Mercy, but never could.". 

"So I would have to...you know...switch to find out?" you basically whispered. 

Bruce and Tony both nodded in response and you violently shook your head no.

"You guys would have to think I'm insane to agree to that! I mean, I'm still scared of what I did, you think I'm going to give myself the ability to do it again? I could hurt you! Hell, I could kill you!" 

"Hey, if you don't want to, nobody is making you. Just know it's an option that we're willing to explore." Tony said in a calming tone. 

You took a deep breath and realized that...yeah...that was an extreme reaction. 

"Get some sleep, kid." Bruce said, patting your shoulder."

Doing as you were told, you went to Bucky's and didn't even wait for him to get into bed, just threw on a t-shirt, brushed your teeth, and knocked out. The lights in the room were still on, you were pretty sure you heard the shower running, and it had to be only like 10, but you were beyond worn out. 

-------

When you awoke, Buck was deep asleep beside you, arm wrapped around. It was also still dark, so you looked at the clock, it read "2:24 am". You groaned at how early it was and tried to force yourself back to sleep. With each minute that passed, you lost more and more hope of going back to sleep, yet gained more and more impulse to go try and figure more out off of the crazy-board. 

Curiosity prevailed and slipping out from under Buck'y arm, you snuck down to the lab. 

------

Shockingly, everyone was asleep, it was odd seeing the compound so empty and quiet, but it was peaceful. 

Digging through the articles, photos, notes, and everything that was pinned to this insane stalker-like obsession board, you picked out anything that peaked your interest. 

You were now staring at about 5 book clippings on mind control/telekinsiss, a note that read #107, some photos that you vaguely remember, and a few that you don't remember at all. 

You looked first at the note. "one-o-seven." you whispered to yourself, trying to place a finger on why it was such a familiar number, but deciding that the reason was simply because that was the number on Bucky's dog tags. 

Next, you read each article, they each had pretty consistent information, each one saying that it's possible, nothing to exciting, except for one line that stood out, "This ability can not be forgotten, it is committed to the permanent memory, however, it can be secreted.". You pushed that one off to the side to show Bruce and Tony tomorrow. 

Now, there were the photos that rang a bell. One of you in a tutu with the biggest smile, which made you grin a little at how little you were. There was also one of you with Nick, you had a fake eye patch on to match his. There were a few more of you dancing, being silly, but none of your parents, which raised a question. 

In the midst of analyzing photos of you as Mercy, you felt another presence in the room, instinctively, you turned around, relived to just see your boyfriend. 

"You left the comfort of my loving arms, to come back to the lab, ouch." he joked. 

You giggled for a minute as he walked over and wrapped his arms around your waist, hugging you from behind. 

"Telekinesis, huh?" he asked. 

"Bruce said it's possible that I have it."

He rested his head atop yours and scanned through what you had on the table, "as much as I would love to look through your baby pictures, I'm exhausted, and Steve's been so happy that I'm sleeping through the whole night, so I'm going back to bed." he sighed. 

You huffed and turned around, pouting your bottom lip. 

"You should too." he whispered. 

Your silence was enough to tell him that you agreed, so you waddled back to bed and actually slept.