15: Go time.

The remainder of the ride proved to be uneventful, however, your nerves were climbing. You were pretty good at hiding it, though. 

Bucky had gone over to Steve to give info on what he knew about this base, Nat was flying with Tony, and Wanda was asleep. Sure, there were other members of the team, but you hadn't gotten too close with them yet. So, you sat on the floor, listening to a playlist that Peter had made for you, "All the bops u missed while u were killing people :)". 

Your eyes were closed and you were trying so hard to relax that you didn't even realize anyone trying to get your attention until Sam removed an AirPod. 

"Huh? Oh sorry." You said, looking up and taking out the other one. 

"Just wanted to come over here and talk for a minute." he said as he sat beside you. 

"Cool, what do you wanna talk about?"

"Oh nothing much, what you listening to?" he said, pointing to your phone. 

"Peter made a playlist of all of the...bops? I missed. What are bops?" You asked.

You heard Bucky stifle a giggle from the other side of the room and whisper to Steve, "Isn't that adorable?". 

Sam chuckled through his response, "Just slang for a good song...I guess it's pretty recent if you don't know it ."

"Well, I haven't been on the internet in like over 10 years, so maybe not. I don't know how the grandpas over there did it, 70 years? That's nuts."

Steve's head perked up at that statement. 

"Uh, did I just hear you call us grandpas?" he asked, with a lopsided smile. 

"Yes. Yes you did." Sam answered for you. 

Bucky was about to shoot something back when the Jet landed. 

"Suit up, we're here, and there are way too many heat signatures for this place to be as abandoned as S.H.I.E.L.D. told us." Tony said as he speed-walked out of the cockpit. 

You looked to Bucky with nervous eyes and he walked over to you. He put his human hand behind your head and pulled it into his chest. "we're gonna be okay." He said, pressing his lips to your forehead. "Be safe, y/l/n."

"You too, Barnes."

You grabbed your gun and knife and pulled the sleeves of your new suit up. It's go time.