Obsession

Flashback in the third person

???: Did you need to meet me, sir?

A boy was escorted by the same captain the leader was talking to.

???: Yes, are you having issues with (Y/N)?

???: Yes, sir. Big issues.

???: Well, talk.

???: I was thinking of having (Y/N) terminated from his services for being a weakling. I noticed that he's soft and has uncontrollable feelings inside. Even though I dislike him, since you became the leader, I thought this should demonstrate massive changes on your end.

However, the leader wasn't amused by the boy's proposal.

???: Are you trying to get me on my good side?

???: No, sir.

He raised his brow.

???: When did you start noticing that (Y/N) underwent these "changes?"

???: Just recently, sir.

???: So you want him out because he's a wasted potential?

???: Exactly, sir.

???: I'm not buying it for one bit.

This made the boy confused. He couldn't understand why the leader did not agree to deal with the situation.

???: Sir, you said there will be massive changes when you step in as a leader.

???: I'm not terminating someone over something petty. Besides, (Y/N) isn't a threat to us anyway. If he were a threat, someone else besides you would tell me immediately. For example, being a prude over females. Right now, he isn't dealing with that. Now get out of my sight, if you please.

???: Yes, sir.

The flashback ends in (Y/N)'s POV

I woke up again with my nightmares starting to become worse and worse. I don't understand what's happening to me as I slowly regain fragments of my memory. Perhaps figuring out the truth about myself can lead to massive consequences later. But that's not the only thing that is on my mind, I am worried about Ch'en. Despite her cold attitude, I think she's going crazy for me. Even the idea of a dog collar on my neck is a massive red flag for me that I don't want her to do on me. However, I'm up against someone older and with more combat skills than me. Basilisk won't save me if I get to her bad side.

(Y/N): This seriously can't get any worse than this...

I heard my phone going off and it was a text message from Nearl.

Reminder: Meet in the new hideout in the morning to catch up on what we missed from the Lungmen operation. As for you (Y/N), make sure not to be with Ch'en or let her follow you in any way. Notify me if things go south. -Nearl

Knowing this wouldn't go well for me, I quickly prepared myself, left my dorm room, grabbed the love letter Platinum asked me to get, and tried to leave the HQ without any attention. Since it was early in the morning, this was an opportunity to head outside undetected, but then I stopped to see that Ch'en was already up and at the cafeteria.

(Y/N): Crap, at this time?

I don't know why Ch'en's over there. But I remember Nearl's text message about not letting her get close to me or being with Ch'en for the time being, so I faced forward, went outside, and booked it to the destination. I hoped Ch'en didn't notice me.

Nearl's POV

Platinum and I were the first ones to arrive at the new hideout after (Y/N) showed the location to it. Besides that, we used a helicopter to transport our work to the location and moved the rest of them to the hideout. Even though security was still buffed back at the Rhodes Island HQ, I only had some time left before I got back to do monitoring duties.