Standing Out

Chernobog was already a disaster when you first step your foot into the place. The whole city was in ruins: broken windows, houses burned down to the ground, destroyed cars, and a lot of smoke in the sky.  You were with Nearl and Platinum to track down the elusive target named Crownslayer. But in your mind, you wanted Crownslayer killed from your own hands for what she did to you. 

(Y/N): The hell happened here? 

Nearl: This is what the Reunion did way back then. No doubt they terrorized innocent people here. 

(Y/N): Have you been here before Platinum? 

Platinum: Been here a few times, but that's mostly because I was outside of Terra for a while. 

(Y/N): Right, you just arrived base in that attire. 

Platinum: *sighs* I rather prefer the term "disguise" instead of attire. 

(Y/N): The frick's the difference?!

Platinum: You remind me of someone who uses fans as a weapon when you talk like that. Aside from that, how did Rhodes Island found you? 

Nearl: (Y/N) has amnesia, Platinum. He doesn't remember anything yet he can still fight. 

Platinum: Is that true, (Y/N) that you have amnesia? 

(Y/N): I lost my memories when I woke up in a hospital bed. You can say that I have it even though I have no idea what it is. 

Platinum: Well that makes sense. 

We stopped walking at the intersection. Nearl started to pull out a tracker device to look for any hot spots. 

Nearl: Looks like no one's here. The Reunion expects us to come here first so that they can ambush us. 

(Y/N): That's the dumbest thing they would do.

Nearl: They always do it, (Y/N). It's always the oldest trick in the book.

(Y/N): Then use common sense damn it. 

Nearl kept staring at the tracker device she had with her. 

Nearl: Be quiet, you're drawing unwanted attention. 

(Y/N): Standing around here will draw more unwanted attention, so we should get going instead. 

Nearl: That's not going to happen. 

She saw a bunch of red dots on the tracker device. 

Nearl: There's a horde of enemies approaching here. Let's beat them up while we can!

(Y/N): *sighs* Well so much for that. Just blame this bullshit on me. 

Platinum: Just shut your mouth and fight, (Y/N). We do want to see what potential you have even though you have amnesia, so don't let us down, okay?

(Y/N)'s POV 

I sighed in disappointment when Platinum told me to shut up and fight those enemies. But since I couldn't remember anything, I may forget how to use any of the weapons. I dropped the bag, open the zipper quickly, and pulled out a Glock pistol and a few more items. 

(Y/N): When was the last time I used these? 

I went with the simple option and open-fired the pistol at the enemies. They weren't taking damage as I kept firing a barrage of bullets at them. 

(Y/N): The hell? Is this thing defective? 

Platinum:  It's not, I forgot to mention that you're going up against tough enemies. That pistol you're using is technically useless.