one.*

"Cal wake up."

"Calliope, hello? Are you there?"

"If you don't open this door, I will not hesitate to kick it down."

From her bedroom she heard the not so dulcet sounds of one of her favorite people at her door. Groggily she sat upright in her bed looking at the time on her phone, which was way too bright for her.

11:30, the time read. Callie mentally cursed herself, she knew she was going to have company but still managed to sleep later than intended. As always. Getting up from her bed she didn't bother to change or do her hair. The person who was still waiting outside the door of her small house had seen her at her worst. Callie fashioned a black zip-up sweater with a black crop top underneath with red sweatpants covering her legs. Her hair was tied up messily in a bun and her face slightly puffy. Just as she was about to leave her room she heard another shout.

"Calliope Alyssa Sage! Get your beautiful ass down here right now, I miss you even though i just saw you two days ago. Please come on already, I need a Cal hug."

Those words plastered a smile on the girls face. She shook her head slightly, causing pieces of her black hair to fall from her bun. She slowly but surely made her way down to the door where she vaguely saw a very smiley boy on the other side. She grew excited and ran to the door and opened it as fast as she possibly could.

"KARL MY HONEY!" The small girl exclaimed while flinging herself full speed at the brown haired boy who stood in her doorframe, almost making him topple over.

"CALLIE MY LOVE!" Karl returned her energy, hugging her back just as tight. Burying his head in the crook of her neck, smiling as he hugged his best friend.

Calliope and Karl have known each other basically since birth. They were neighbors from kindergarten to  their senior year of highschool. Being brought up as basically brother and sister, Karl would do anything in his power to protect his Callie. Callie on the other hand would not hesitate to murder someone for her boy.

Moving into the cozy home, Karl immediately went through to his room. The room that Cal gave him without a second thought when she moved into her house. She insisted on him having his own room because "you're my best friend and we practically live together anyway".

Callie stayed before for a couple seconds to lock tje door and grab a few snacks. Walking into Karl's navy blue room, she plopped onto the bed and watched as the lanky, 5'11 boy sat at his desk. Which accompanied another computer setup for when he stayed for a few days.

"So, what's on the agenda for today Karl boy?". At these words Cal was met with a shit-eating grin. Before she could get a word out the boy spoke.

"Well, my cantalope, get it? Calliope, cantalo- anyway. I was thinking since we have to film with Jimmy and the crew tonight at like 8 i think, we can watch a few of the Harry Potter movies. Or we can watch Fantastic beasts before, it doesn't matter to me."

"The Fantastic Beasts movies are pretty lengthy by themselves, I say we watch from Prisoner of Azkaban  and watch as many as we can till we have to get ready." Cal responded with chips in her mouth.

She got a simple nod of the head from her best friend before he pushed her off the bed, onto the floor,
to get his comforter.

"I'll race you to the living room, Calloser."

With no hesitation she ran after the boy and into the living room. This race soon turned into a game of tag that went on for several minuets. After finally settling down, Callie started the third movie in the Harry potter series.

"Later perhaps, if you behave." Karl turned to the girl who had her legs swung onto his, while quoting the movie in a terrible british accent.

Picking up on what he was doing she turned back and quoted the next line, in an almost perfect british accent. "I will if she does."

Enjoying each other's quiet company with the occasional quoting of the movie was always enough for the pair. They watched the movies whenever they could and it never got old. Loving the movies and books from a young age, made for a shared interest that they never got tired of.

Now, it was Callies turn to quote towards Karl. Suddenly she shot up from the couch, looking to the boy with wide eyes, the same expression that Professor Trelawney had on screen. Holding her hands out shakily she began to speak like the Professor.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

Not wanting to ruin the moment, Karl then began to mimic Ron's expression and quoted his line perfectly. being that it was only one word.

"Sure."

                                       ***

After only getting through two and a half movies, it was time to film with Mr.Beast. Karl had introduced him to Callie two years ago when they did a video that Karl thought Callie would love. Although, when Callie got invited to be in the crew she preferred to be as faceless as possible, Karl also preferred this for her own safety. It surprisingly wasn't that hard. Being that Cal wore a neon green ski mask behind the camera so that if she needed to turn the camera on her she could. The mask was bedazzled around the eyes and mouth, with iron on patches aswell.

Callie grabbed a bag for her charger, wallet, and phone. She changed into light ripped jeans with a simple white, cropped zip-up and air force 1's.

Walking out of the small house it was a calm day with a slight breeze. They got into Karl's car and were on their way to film a new video. Cal didn't know what the video was yet but that didn't stop her from being excited.

She had her best friend by her side and that's all that mattered.

a/n- HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE. this chapter is kind of a bore but it is just to introduce Callie as well as her friendship with Karl! i hope you enjoy this story. till next time, with all the love
~g