fifteen.*

WARNING!! mentions of verbal fighting and mentions of the lasting effects from said fighting. drink water!

Though at one part of the world, a raven haired girl sat on the phone, giggling with a boy who sat on the one person couch in his "cave". In a southern state, where the winds could be heard thrashing against houses and fences, a brown haired boy laid on his bed clutching a pillow hard to his chest.

Nick was never one with the storms either. For different reason though.

Through his childhood, Sapnap's parents fought more than the average couple. Fighting over small unimportant things which led to larger fights about the stupid fights. He had to distract himself more then a child should have. His parents never got verbal with him, just the usual scolding you would get as a kid when you do when you did something wrong, or when you touched something you shouldn't have. They never got physical with one another or Nick either. But the constant yelling alone was enough to leave some scaring.

He had the luxury of never experiencing the verbal abuse his parents threw back and forth. Unfortunately this led to very small amounts of love truthfully being shown to him. He knew what love felt like but didn't know what love felt like, he knew how to love but he didn't know how to love.

To some that wouldn't make the most of sense but to some it made the perfect amount of sense.

Sapnap never realized how hard it was for him to love until he had one girlfriend who he couldn't give his all to. Simply because he didn't know how to. It's that that he didn't want someone to hug and hold hands with, to kiss lovingly on the forehead, he just didn't know how to express those things in the correct way.

At a young age when he met his now best friend, Dream, they would almost always be on skype calls together. Laughing until the late hours of the night at the smallest things. The tiredness catching up to them on days where they did not sleep at all. All of the inside jokes that came from the insane amount that the two boys talked.

Since he had felt like his parents had abandoned him in some way, he was always scared his friends would too. Meeting Clay was good for Nick, he never felt truly connected to his friends at school.

For the first time, he felt as if Dream was always gonna be by his side. That was, until one stormy night, two teenage boys sat on a skype call. Not knowing what was to come.

"Get on Munchy dude i'm bored." The words came from Sapnaps computer speakers.

"In a bit I promise." The boys voice was slightly shaky as he looked outside his window. Rain fell like buckets that were constantly being filled up just to be poured out again. Lightning occasionally lighting up the sky.

"You okay?" Clay asked wearily.

"Fine." Nick responded, not so sure of his answer. Clay didn't push the subject any further.

Nicks parents always seemed to fight worse when the weather wasn't at it's best. Specifically when it rained or stormed. He learned this fairly quickly when he had to find a way to drown out the yells that seemed to roar louder than fire.

"Why the hell are we fighting this time?!" Nicks head snapped toward his door, frozen sitting at his desk as the yells began.

"You never know how to act!" His father snapped back. "Do you know how many times i've asked you to leave me alone during the day?"

"That's a stupid reason to fight and you know it." Dream sat in his Floridian room, just listening to the words flowing through his best friends house.