twenty two.*

Birth weeks to some we're just a simple week, days before your birthday. To others they might celebrate it, doing small things throughout the week. For Calliope, it was a mix of both. Her insisting that it was just a normal week and that she could wait till the day of to celebrate. While her parents and Karl constantly planned small things through the week.

This year, Karl had something up his sleeve. To which Callie had no clue. The girls birthday had fallen on a Sunday this year, giving an entire week of activities. Truth was, Callie was falling into one of her unmotivated phases again, not as bad as it could be, but it did weigh her down slightly.

Over the last few weeks, she had been getting much closer to people on the SMP, some more unexpected. Like BacBoyHalo and Awesamdude. Her and Sapnap had been in contact nearly everyday, opening up to each other more each day. Ever since Dreams stunt he pulled the night of the discord call, things have been slightly tense. Lore wise, Cal's character was doing quite well.

His best friends birthday being in just four days, Karls plan was set to take place soon. Hoping all worked out in the end, he was constantly checking to make sure everything was perfect. Through their lives, they each celebrated birth weeks, this year Callie requested that she is able to relax, she wanted to get some of her energy back before she turned twenty.

"Mom I promise I will come see you on Saturday, I don't know why I can't just come the day of though." She whined to her mom who sat at the other side of the phone.

"Because Calliope." Her mother scoffed. "Kar has plans for you, trust me baby."

"You know I do." The smoke evident on her face.

"Oh also, what do you want for your birthday?"

"You flatter me with making me feel like i'm still young mother." Giggling she went on, "I was thinking about getting a cat?" Her questioning tone taking her mother back.

"Why are you questioning it? You're usually home."

"True, I think it'll be good for me. I'm gonna look for one at a shelter and then send you pics."

"Whatever you say my dear. Talk soon I love you."

"Bye Ma, I love you too." With that, a beeping sound came from her phone, indicating the call ended. Soon after she made her way to her room and laid in her bed, scrolling through the websites for her local shelters. After scrolling for what felt like forever, she fell in love with a male cat, and send the picture to her mom.

~~~

Upon getting the picture of the cat Callie fell in love with, her mother dragged her father out of the house to get him. Imagining how much it could help her daughter, in terms of keeping her motivated so she doesn't lose herself.

Walking into the shelter, and showing a picture of the cat, her parents were guided through, passing other animals. Finally they were in front of a small crate that held a cat, colors of browns, slight oranges and white gracing it's fur. With no moment of hesitation, they took the cat to the front, after signing papers theu were allowed to take him home. His shots were up to date and they just needed to buy supplies.

Which is exactly what they did.

~~~

Saturday. The day before Callie turned twenty. The day Karl's surprise was supposed to come in.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" A voice sounded through the speakers of the brunette boys phone.

"Yes i am sure." He thoroughly reassured. "When do you land again?"

"Eleven." The voice replied after a moment. It was currently ten am.

"Okay i'll see you then. Can't wait to see you."

"Bye karl!"

~~~

"Calliope!" Came a soft voice from behind the door Callie was standing in front of. She knew her mother's voice all too well. As the door swung open she was met with a warm and welcoming smile.

"Hi Mom." Smiling wildly, she shuffled into her arms, as they grasped each other in their arms. She also greeted her father with the same embrace.

Some hours later, after watching TV and laughing at the cliche jokes, they were now say at the dinner table. The smell of fresh coffee filling the air like it was air freshener, tingling Callie's nose in the best way possible. A small chocolate cake sat on the table along with a plate of chocolate chip cookies, making Callie's mouth water. As her father sat mugs in front of her mother and herself, he cleared his throat.

"My girl, we know you're turning twenty but we still wanted to get you something." Getting up he walked over to a separate room, faint shuffling heard from the kitchen. "Close your eyes!" Doing as she was told, the world around her going dark. Her mother then proceed to tell her to told her arms out. Nervously, she did so.

A moment later her fathers footsteps were making their way back to her. Another moment later, something weighed her arms down. Soft like a blanket, about the size of a school text book. Gentle and faint breathing came from whatever was now in Callie's arms.

"What the hell is this?"

"Open your eyes." Both of her parents said in unison. Opening her hazel eyes, blinking to adjust to the light, she looked down in her lap. Greeted by a half sleeping cat, her jaw dropped in shock. Staring at the calm animal, tears pricked at the corner of her eyes.

"Oh hello little one." She took the cat in her arms, scratching its head, he purred in response to her affection.

"What are you gonna name him?" Her father quizzed.

"I have the perfect name."

~~~

liked by ranboomc, badboyhalo_ and 128,559 others sage: everyone meet jasper

sage: everyone meet jasper

load more comments...

gi's notes!
holy omg we are at 16k reads thank you you're all amazing
if the cats i post in the future look slightly different mind your business /lh
def gonna add some drama after callie's bday i think it's finally time for things to start to unfold
what do y'all think the surprise is?
hydrate and eat!
till next time
-g<3