To those whose year might not have been the best

Hello to all of my lovely jellybeans!

Wow, 2020 is over. This year seemed like such a longer year, but at the same time it seems like only yesterday we were bidding goodbye to 2019. 

I know. This year might not have been the greatest. Not for our health, not for our mental health, and not for our happiness. It's been a year where most of us felt alone, and where we hoped that we would someday wake up and the nightmare would be over. 

I am not here to tell you guys that it's okay. I am not here to tell you guys that you will be okay and happy again. It is not my place. Everyone is allowed to feel what they do without having other people tell them that they're exaggerating and that it will soon blow over. That is actually the worst thing you can tell someone whose in a dark place. 

What I can tell you, though, is that you yourself might have the capability to come out stronger from it all. 

This year has taught us a lot, and it helped all of us grow. But it also broke us. 

I know first hand what anxiety can do to someone. Mental health is important, and sometimes, even that is compromised. 

I can't tell you that you'll feel better, just like how I can't tell you that you won't. What I can tell you guys is that there's a new year ahead of you, and you have the ability to choose how to look at it. The mentality you choose can make more of a difference than you could possibly think. 

I also wanted to tell you guys that you are all special and incredible. I for one am proud of the community I found myself in the moment I joined wattpad, and I'm proud of all of the people I've met along the way. You guys have the ability to make me smile with your comments and messages, and I want to be able to do the same with this message. 

You have no idea how much of an impact you guys have in other people's lives, and I hope that this fact alone can show you how important you are to the world. I want you guys to jump into the new year believing in yourselves, and being aware of all of the good things you can do, and all of the things you guys are probably amazing at. 

I don't know you by name, and I don't know much about you guys, but that does not mean that I can't care about you. That is why I want to make sure that you guys are okay, and that you guys are aware of how precious you all are. 

I want you guys to look the new year in the face and tell it that you can conquer it, because believe me when I tell you that you can. Sometimes, you may not feel like it, but you are capable of so much more than you think. 

To end off this note, I want you to ask yourselves this question and answer it, whether in the comments below for other people to see and be inspired, or whether you want to write it down in a journal. I want you to answer it in the most honest way you can. 

How did 2020 improve who you are? What things did you do this year that you are proud of (it could even be a good deed you made towards someone)? 

So go ahead, jump into the new year with your chin up, because only you can write your story. 

Do remember that I love you guys so much. 

Forever and always,

~M