21. Night Out.

Chapter 21: Night Out

Kelsey's POV

*****

"Good morning Kelsey," Noah chirped as he entered the kitchen. "What's for breakfast?" He asked as he filled a cup with juice.

"Well there's eggs, bacon and sausages for you, me, Lara and Ethan and then there's fruit with custard for Ellie," I said as I placed the plates on the table for everyone.

"Wow, I can't believe you've actually made Ethan breakfast," he said chuckling.

I was still mad at Ethan, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that there was no point in acting like children. He said some harsh words and they really hurt, but there was no reason for us to keep acting like kids who were fighting for the same cookie and then pretend like the other doesn't exist.

"You know Kels, my brother has suffered a lot. He might not look like it but he actually is very soft inside," he said.

I couldn't argue with that. There were certain times where Ethan just acted like a little child who just needed someone to understand him. Then there were times where he acted like someone who didn't need anyone in his life. The more I thought about it, the more I saw that the latter could have simply been a way for him to mask his emotions.

It's easier for somebody to pretend they don't need anyone. That leads to far less heartbreak. 

"I know Noah, I've noticed that a couple of times," I replied.

He looked at me with a sympathetic smile, showing me that he understood what I was trying to say completely. "The girls have already told you this Kels, you make him happy. His eyes shine when you're around. You are so special to him you don't even realise it."

It was actually nice hearing that from someone close to Ethan.

Why couldn't I stop being so confusing, even to myself?

"He isn't very good at showing it. He literally flat out told me that he can't stand being around me," I replied as I started placing the food on the plate, making Noah let out a sigh.

"He's my brother Kelsey. I know he might come off too strong at times but I also know how he acts when he cares about someone. You need to think about it. You have to talk to him and try to figure it out," he said.

 I could tell that Ethan had problems expressing his feelings, and he found it even harder when somebody seemed to reject them.

What he told me hurt, but wouldn't I have probably acted in the same way if it was the other way round? 

"We all know what happened the last time I tried talking to him," I replied, turning to look at him.

"Yeah, he has this problem of not knowing when to shut up," he chuckled, making me laugh, knowing that I couldn't argue there. 

"Good morning Kelsey!" Ellie said, hugging me as she and Lara came in to the kitchen.

"Good morning princess. I made you some fruit with custard today," I said, knowing it would make her happy.

I loved doing little things for them, simply to see a smile on their faces. They were so caring, they definitely deserved it. Besides, two little angels once told me that I had to stop putting frowny faces on the pancakes I served. 

"OMG best babysitter ever!" She squealed as she sat down.

"Thanks for that Els," Ethan sarcastically said as he entered the kitchen.