28. Here with you

Chapter 28: Here with you

Kelsey's POV

*****

My head quickly snapped to where Ethan was standing, a horrible feeling at the pit of my stomach. I felt terrible, I couldn't even imagine how much my actions had hurt him. I promised him that I wouldn't do so, and yet I was. It was never my intention to do so, but if I were in his place, I would be horrified as well. 

I flinched as Zack started screaming at Zack to get out of the house, his face red as his fists clenched, the veins in his arm popping out at how tightly he was clenching them. What horrified me more was the fact that Zack didn't seem intimidated one bit by Ethan's behaviour. He smirked, his eyes shining in amusement as he looked straight at Ethan.

"Aww what is it, is Ethan sad that Zacky boy stole his first crush too?"

I froze. It was like I could hear Zack's words but my brain couldn't process them. Ethan's eyes instantly widened along with mine as he instantly glanced at me. I knew that Ethan liked me, but I couldn't understand what Zack meant when he said first crush. 

I could sense their voices as they talked, yet I couldn't register what they were saying. The only thought in my mind was that Zack said I was Ethan's first crush, and no matter how much I tried to make sense of it, I couldn't. In my head it didn't make sense, and I didn't know what to make of it. 

"See, she didn't say anything, that means she agrees with me" Zack smirked, suddenly breaking me out of my thoughts as my attention snapped to him. 

My eyebrows instantly creased in confusion as I took in Ethan looking at me with a pained look, shattering my heart into thousands of pieces. I couldn't understand what happened or what they were talking about, but I could instantly tell that it wasn't good for me at all. 

"You agreed to be his girlfriend?" Ethan asked me, his voice breaking on the last part, leaving me shocked and confused at what he was talking about.

"What? Girlfriend? No eth I-" I started before I was cut off. 

"Get out," he screamed, clearly furious. "Both of you get the heck out of my house before I do something we all regret," he said, his nostrils flaring, giving me a look that broke my heart.

He wasn't angry, he didn't hate me, but he was hurt. I had hurt Ethan Walker and there was nothing I could do to take it back. The damage was done, and all I could do was try to think of ways to pick up the broken pieces. 

"Ethan please le-" I started. 

"Out!" He yelled with a dangerous look, not wanting to hear anything I had to say. "You too Jenna, get out, I don't want anybody else here," he yelled.

My eyes quickly snapped towards Jenna as soon as I heard her name, my eyes widening in realisation. Zack wanting to talk to me upstairs, Jenna being there in that exact same moment. Everything made sense. 

"Ethan, what happened, why are you yelling?" Noah asked with Lara and Ellie on both sides of him, all three of them clearly worried about what was going on. 

"Good news, Zack is leaving early, and so is Kelsey," he said before shooting me a look and storming off in his room, making sure to slam the door behind him.

The last part of his sentence hurt me, but I couldn't even be mad at him for it. I was in the wrong, and the guilt that was gnawing on my insides wasn't going to be subsiding any time soon. My eyes got filled to the brim with tears as everyone looked at me, expecting answers which I couldn't give them.