13. Perfect timing

Chapter 13: Perfect timing

Kelsey's POV

*****

"Come on Ethan, hurry up!" Lara yelled from downstairs, her excitement taking over her.

We were all currently waiting for Ethan and Jake to get down so we could go to the fair. Lara and Ellie were really excited to go, and Noah was simply happy to see May.

It was so cute.

And it made me feel so single.

"Kelsey can't you go yell at him?" Ellie asked me.

"Well, I'll go try" I said smiling at her and heading upstairs.

Truth was, I didn't go get Ethan simply because it was getting late and I was tired of listening to Lara and Ellie whine the entire time, but I also wanted to go grab a sweater from my room. Everyone else was wearing one and I suddenly felt really stupid as soon as I noticed how windy it actually was.

I was wearing my dark blue denim high wasted ripped shorts and a black tank top, along with my black converse. I grabbed a long white sweater that was randomly laying on my desk chair and then went to knock on Ethan's door.

"Guys, would you get out already? You're the only ones left to come down," I said, trying to sound intimidating, yet probably failing.

The door soon opened, revealing a good looking Ethan might I add.

"Damn, you clean up nice," he said, eyeing me up and down, making me blush at the fact that I was feeling as if I were under scrutiny.

"Stop flirting and let's go," Jake said from behind Ethan, tossing him his phone.

"I wasn't flirting, I was just being a gentleman. You should try it sometime," Ethan argued as he went out after Jake, making me shake my head and laugh at his goofiness.

"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Lara said as she spotted Ethan, walking over to him and punching him lightly on the arm.

Anyone would be able to see just how important this night was for Lara, and I was glad that I was there to share it with her. That I was going to be a part of the reason why this night was happening.

"It takes time to look this good," he stated, rubbing the part of his arm which was hit, pretending like it hur.

"I don't see any good looks," Ellie said shrugging, making everyone stare at her with their mouths wide open.

How savage can a seven-year-old be?

More importantly, why was a seven-year-old much more good at comebacks than I was?

"Oh my God, you have just been slayed by a seven year old," Noah said, trying to hold back his laughter but failing rather badly.

"Shut up," Ethan grumpily said before opening the front door and heading to his car.

****

"Are we there yet?" Ellie whined to Ethan for the fifth time.

"We're almost there Els, just five more minutes," Ethan assured her, trying to keep his patience.

"Look, there it is," I said, showing Ellie the fun fair which was currently visible, hoping that that would stop her from constantly asking Ethan whether or not we had arrived at our destination.

It was honestly so spectacular. All the glistening lights and the fun looking rides. I hadn't been to an amusement park in so long, I had forgotten what they felt like.