46. Will we have to break up?

Chapter 32: Will we have to break up?

Kelsey's POV

*****

I didn't know what to tell everybody after my conversation with my father the previous day. I was still under shock myself, and I couldn't bring myself to tell them that I was going to have to move. Meg was the first person I ended up telling, knowing that I owed her that much. She was my best friend and she had stuck by my side through all of my ups and downs, if anybody deserved to know first, it was her. 

Meg and I were practically sisters, and I couldn't say that I wasn't expecting the reaction I got from her after I told her. Her eyes widened as they filled with tears, constantly questioning me if I were pranking her. After I managed to convince her that what I was telling her was the horrible truth, she froze, not knowing what to do or what to tell me. My heart broke as she broke in a sob and ran into my arms, crying on my shoulder as tears of my own started streaming out. Her and I were like family, and I did not want to say goodbye to her. 

It took her a while to calm down, but when she did she instantly asked me what I was going to tell everybody else, making me look down at the ground without a word to say. I did not have the guts to tell the people who had practically become my family that I was moving so far away, and I also did not want to see Ethan's reaction to the news either. Things had been going so well between us, we were happy together, and things were going to have to end just like that. My father told me that we were going to be moving in three weeks, meaning I only had three miserable weeks to warn them all of my move. Normally, I would have seen three weeks as being long, but in that moment, they didn't seem like enough time at all. 

"I don't know Megs, I don't even know what to think right now. I don't even want to accept it," I said with a sigh before she hugged me once more, allowing me to rest my head in the crook of her neck. 

"I think you should at least tell Ethan," she said after a while. I nodded, knowing that she was right, even if I knew that it wasn't going to be as easy as that.  

"I don't know what to tell him, Megs," I replied. I was petrified of how he would take it, and I kept questioning whether he would get mad at me and break up with me. "His mom just got here and decided to stay for a week, he's so happy, I can't just do that to him."

"I get that but he'd get mad if you don't tell him," she reasoned, saying all of the things which my heart had been telling me, but I had chosen to ignore. 

"I'll tell him later, I promise," I replied in all honesty. 

Only thinking about what I was going to tell him and how he was going to take it was enough to give me a headache, and to make my heart feel as if it were breaking. Nonetheless, I knew that he had to know. I couldn't keep tricking him into thinking that everything was okay when the probability was that they weren't going to be. That was why I knew that I had to tell him when he entered my room about an hour later and flopping down next to me on my bed. 

"Hey princess," he said, giving me a quick peck on the cheek before pecking my lips, the action making me smile despite the heavy feeling I had inside.

"Hey," I replied, his eyebrows furrowing as soon as he heard the tone of my voice. 

He leaned himself upwards with his hands as he tilted his head to look down at me before placing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "What's wrong? You seem a bit off," he softly said, genuinely sounding worried about me. 

"No nothing, I'm fine, don't worry about it," I lied, mentally reprimanding myself for not telling him.

No matter how much I had talked myself into it, I still was not prepared to just open my mouth and tell him. I could see the happiness in his eyes, and the brightness of his smile, and thinking that I had the ability to turn off that beautiful light made me not want to tell him at all.