when you're gone

-I miss you, we were made for each other, out here forever, I know we were-

( colonel brandon )🌹🌾
-fluff+angst-
___________________________
So because I hate my life today and I've been angry and sad I wrote this.
___________________________

Y/n saw as Colonel Brandon and Marianne sat out on the lawn, reading poetry.

Her heart throbbed inside her chest, threatening to break into a million pieces as she watched the two sat together.

Weeks before, she and Christopher had had their own secret relationship.
From the moment she saw him, it was magical. She felt a warm sort of sensation. A sort of feeling that left her wanting more of him.

But his eyes weren't on her, they were on Marianne.

Slowly, they began to grow closer but it was obvious his feelings were for Marianne, yet y/n was too blinded by her feelings to care.

Christopher knew he had feelings for both of the women but y/n was more appreciative of his feelings than Marianne was, and she was much kinder and loving to him.

One night, when y/n was feeling upset, Christopher held her in his arms as she cried. That ended to the two of them engaging in a kiss. There was no regret in it, and he thought that finally he could love. But as the two continued to be with each and keep their relationship a secret, he longed deep down inside to be with Marianne. He assumed it would be the best decision. Marianne would be a good wife, a good mother. So, he decided to end things with y/n and start a relationship with Marianne. Deep down, he knew he loved her more.

**
"After everything we've been through together, everything we've done. All the days we spent together."

"Y/n you are an amazingly, beautiful, lovely woman but despite that.. we want different things. I want a wife to bare children. To live happily with."

"I don't make you happy.." she said sadly as her head limped down, tears escaping her eyes. Her face turned pink as her frustration and sadness overruled her.

"You do! It's only that.. Marianne-"

"I understand completely Colonel..
Thank you for at least bringing a little happiness into my miserable life.
I hope Marianne gives you the happiness I couldn't"

She walked out before he could say anything else, sobbing into her hand, not wanting anyone to hear her.
**

It's been roughly two weeks since that encounter. Y/n spent days in either bed or in the garden. She tried her hardest to avoid Christopher, to forget about her feelings and find love somewhere else. Y/n knew that he would never love her as much as he loved Marianne. To him, she was a majestic angel, a beautiful woman who would make a beautiful wife. She knew she could never compare to Marianne.
(You are beautiful and don't you dare ever compare yourself to anyone or I will punch you <3)

Not being able to handle the heartache anymore, y/n knew there was only one other thing she could do.

"Elinor, I must speak to you. It's important. There's something I have to tell you"
                                      -
"Leaving!?" Marianne exclaimed as Elinor told her the news.
"But why?"

"She told me it's for her own personal reasons. She doesn't feel happy here anymore Marianne. Who are we to keep her from happiness." Elinor explained

"But I don't understand.. is it something we did?"

"No, no. She simply said that she wanted to take some time for herself and she should return when she is ready." Elinor continued.