your favorite crime

(hans) 💰🔫
-fluff+angst-
________________________
It was Christmas Eve, y/n was quietly hiding from the group of terrorist, shaking in fear. Her heart beat in her chest, her breath grew heavy, she tried her hardest to keep herself composed.

The door opened violently and she was face to face with a man holding a gun to her face.

Hans Gruber was ready to drag her out to the rest of the group when he couldn't help but recognize her.

"Y/n?" His eyes widened in surprise, the gun in his head threatening to drop from his grip growing weak.

"Hans.." was all y/n was able to mutter out as she too hadn't believed he was standing before her.
Memories came flooding back, her eyes tearing up and a tear threatened to slip out.
Two years earlier

" I love you, y/n. I'll always love you" His lips kissed her forehead lovingly and his hands gently stroked her hair.

"I'll always love you too Hans." She smiled as his touched sent her into a warm blissfully haven.

-

"Why" she asked after a few seconds of silent. "Why are you doing this?"

He looked at her, trying to come up with an answer good enough for her, but he knew there wasn't none.

"I.." Nothing.

"Is this what you've been doing with you're life since I left?"

"You don't have the right to talk to me like that. You were the one who hurt me, not the other way around-"

"You gave me no choice Hans."
Her voice was filled with hurt and anger. She hasn't been in the wrong. She was entitled to do leave him.

"I did everything for you, I loved you."

"You don't think I loved you too? You think it was easy for me to leave?"

He stood quiet.

"Two years. Two years I spent trying to get my life together after we fell apart-"

"We didn't fall apart, you left me."

"Because I had too. You and I.. we're just too different."

His heart broke a little hearing those words leave her mouth.
He tried to get over her when she left him, he tried to keep moving forward with his life, but he couldn't. He loved her. He loves her.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"So what now? You're going to kill me?"

He shook his head. "No."

Hans grabbed her arm and dragged her out to the rest of the hostages and left her there. He felt her eyes burn into him even after he walked away.

Hans wasn't expecting to run into her tonight. He hadn't expected to run into her ever again. It took him off guard, but it wouldn't stop the plan for tonight.

As the night continued, his mind kept going back to y/n.

Their breakup happened two years ago. Y/n had begun to see him grow power hungry. She stayed for a while, hoping that part of him she fell in love with would return, but she had had enough. He wouldn't break her heart anymore.
So, she packed her bag and left.
-
Two years earlier

"Y/n please- please don't go."

"I can't do this anymore Hans."
Her voice was full of hurt and regret.