Chapter 3: Heavy

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

|| The thumping of your heart stopped. ||

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Had you ever mentioned how much you hated walking? Finding 106's chamber wasn't all too difficult as you had seen it earlier but just walking back and forth was tiring. You were pretty sure whoever built the facility wanted to make the place as difficult to navigate as possible and as annoying as possible to go around.

Okay, you were being a bit dramatic, you would admit that. Even so, that didn't prevent you from cursing out whoever the architect was. All the halls looked the same and could anyone really blame you for getting lost a bit? At least you weren't the only one with that issue. In the game, on one of the monitors, there was a conversation between two personnel, one of which was complaining about the layout of the site.

You were sure you spent way too much time on the wiki.

You managed to pass through the tesla gate you had been through earlier without much fanfare and checked the S-Nav as well. You were a bit surprised you hadn't ended up accidentally messing up the timing for the tesla gate and died though you were sure you would jinx yourself later.

Eventually, you got to 106's containment chamber. It was a good thing 106 wasn't harassing you throughout your time. You guessed it was probably because he was busy torturing some other poor person in the facility. You were sure he had lots of prey.

You skimmed over the little poster outside of the door. Yup, looking as creepy as ever. You were glad you didn't encounter 106 this time. You inserted the keycard into the door and it opened up to the catwalk that oversees the chamber itself. You, of course, closed the door behind yourself just in case.

Checking the S-Nav, you were relieved to find 173 wasn't down here. You walked leisurely across the catwalk and chose not to get too close to the sides. You did, however, glance over the right side of it to look at the containment chamber for 106. It would be pretty nasty if you fell so you decidedly scampered quicker to the end of the metal catwalk.

You walked down the stairs, not holding the sidebars. Getting to the bottom, you walked straight into the room. Your footsteps echoed different on the ceramic tiles compared to the metal grates. Ignoring the control panel for now, you went right to the back of the room where the shelf was to pick up the level 5 keycard.

You inspected the red card for no real reason and pocketed it. Technically, you could leave now. You didn't have to recontain 106 but... Ah screw it, maybe it'll save some other poor bastard's time later and maybe save someone's neck now. You heaved a sigh and scanned the control panel. You knew how to do this, probably. Besides, the worst possibility would be you failed and 106 would be free to continue roaming.

From the table closest to the panel, there was a sheet of paper. You picked it up and quickly read over it. Yup, yup, just procedures to recontain 106. Nothing you didn't already know. You put it down and looked at the monitor attached to the panel. Squinting a bit as you tried to make out the fuzzy footage of inside the chamber, you were happy to report there was already an unfortunate D-class in the femur breaker.

Humming a little tune to yourself, you almost pitied the D-class that was about to die. Oh well. You flipped the "Elo-Ild Electromagnetic Manual Reboot" switch from "On" to "Off". The strange little sound effect signalled it doing what it was supposed to. Then, you turned the sound transmission on. A fuzzy noise came over the intercom and the sound of the D-class sniffing.