Chapter 9: Hints

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

|| That seemed incredibly unsafe. ||

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"So, what are we doing today?" you questioned as you walked a few steps behind Dr. Smith.

"We're going to go see 049."

You blinked and tilted your head. "Oh. Why?"

The doctor sighed. "049 has been... uncooperative recently. It's been asking to see you."

"So, I'm going to go talk to him or something?"

"Yup."

You weren't particularly surprised at the prospect of going to go interact with other SCPs. It was just one of those things that happened all too often within the foundation. You trailed after the doctor as they guided you to 049's cell. It seemed like most of the walls and floors had been fixed up since the containment breach. The facility was clean of any blood and the lightbulbs had been replaced. It was certainly much brighter than the last time you were out and about.

There were a few people, other researchers, doctors, and guards, walking around. You mostly tried to ignore them but you could notice some of them staring at you. It was probably due to your blue jacket. Dr. Smith had dropped off the jacket and a few shirts when they announced your SCP classification. They were blue, probably to contrast with the D-Class's orange uniform, with your SCP number attached on the back.

You supposed it made you stand out in the sea of white lab coats, black guard uniforms and orange jumpsuits. If you were to guess, the blue jacket or shirts were given to SCPs with permission to wander around the facilities. They probably had to add the number of the SCP themselves though.

Eventually, the two of you reached the elevator that would go down to 049's containment chamber. The doctor nodded at the guard who was standing in front of the elevator. The elevator was already on the floor you were on. You waited for the doctor to go in first before following in behind them.

You leaned against the rail on the right side of the elevator while the doctor went to the left. The door closed and down it went. It was as shaky as last time though it was just as loud. When the door opened up, a different doctor greeted the both of you.

"Dr. Smith, SCP [----]," she said. "Welcome."

"Hello," your doctor responded as she stepped to the side to allow you two out of the elevator. You answered a greeting of your own quietly. The two of you followed behind her as you made your way to 049's main containment chamber. The hallway looked exactly the same as always with the room with the backup generator being the first room that could be seen.

You paused briefly in front of it.

This was pretty much where you died, wasn't it?

"Something wrong?" Smith asked as the two doctors paused.

You shook your head. "Nothing."

The three of you arrived at the blast door on the right side of the room. 049's poster was still stuck to the wall as expected. However, the door was closed unlike during the containment breach. Two guards stood on each side of the door. Smith nodded at them as a greeting while the other doctor slid her keycard through the scanner.

Within the room were 3 other doctors and one more guard. SCP 049 was, of course, in his actual containment chamber. As the three of you walked in, the blast door closed behind you. You sort of awkwardly clasped your hands behind your back as the doctors began talking about something. You probably could have paid attention but you lost interest after they started talking about lunch.