Chapter 5: Deal

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

|| It didn't hurt at first. ||

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

You found the server farm again after roughly five minutes of wandering. It didn't take as long as you had expected. Nearing the room, you couldn't help but wonder what would happen after. What would you do after you got to one of the gates? You had decided upon gate A when you had first awakened but, you had no idea what would happen. The foundation would likely put you in containment, wouldn't they? You were an anomaly.

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. You were still human or, at least, human enough. Despite occasionally being a menace at times, you weren't necessarily dangerous. Then again, it would be better than the GOC and you weren't excited to get involved with the Chaos Insurgency either. Amidst your musings, you wondered what would happen when the game plotline "ended".

Would time continue to reset with each death? You didn't know but it didn't matter to you. Even if you actually died or if time reset, it was a still win-win for you either way.

As you entered the server farm, the intercom announced the arrival of the Mobile Task Force Epsilon-11. A faint frown pulled at your lips. Yet another threat to keep an eye out for. How annoying. Even though you weren't a D-Class, you didn't doubt they would shoot you on sight. Aside from being a nuisance, weren't they a bit too late? If your perception of time was anywhere near correct, it would have been about half an hour already. The MTF wasn't that tardy to containment breaches, were they? Or maybe today was just bound by game rules.

You pressed the button and stepped onto the catwalk of the server farm. You checked the S-Nav again. According to the layout of the halls, you would have to go down the server farm to reach the third door. Unsurprisingly, the navigation device showed that 173 was down there too. Fun. You sighed and closed the door behind you. You walked around to the side of the catwalk with the staircase while the 408s followed you.

Cautiously, you descended down the stairs. Peanut... peanut... where was it? You meandered through between the servers, trying to find the anomalous statue so you could somewhat, make it through the server farm safely. You hesitated in your steps, unable to find 173. You blinked and that had been a mistake.

Immediately, your neck was snapped and your body fell to the ground. The death was quick, much like your other encounters with the peanut.

Silence surrounded you. Then, you opened your eyes. Just outside the server farm again. Four or five butterflies circled around you. Maybe you were going insane but they seemed... agitated, somehow. You grumbled to yourself, rubbing the nape of your neck. What was this, the fourth death? That sounded about right. Well, you just had to be more careful this time.

Entering the server farm again, you didn't bother to look at the S-Nav. Down the stairs again you went. Okay... Left, three rows forward, all the way to the wall. Look left, then right. No Peanut. You walked right against the wall until you got to the next row. You turned and walked forward to what you estimated to be the center of the room. Your eyes shifted around, trying to find 173. Last time, you blinked about 10 steps ago. Right in front of you was the small area that lacked any servers but did have the bookshelf off to the left.

You hesitantly blinked and to your surprise, didn't die. Instead, the SCP you were looking for appeared right in front of you. Keeping your gaze on it, you quickly speed-walked backwards, around the servers and up the stairs. The 408s had no problem keeping up and at the top of the stairs, you pressed the button of the door. It opened up and you stumbled through before hurriedly closing it again. Good, good.