Chapter 16: Pizza

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

|| Like many other things, you ignored it. ||

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

In light of how badly your conversation with 343 went, you hoped the foundation took it as a cue to never put the two of you in the same room again. You weren't sure if they got the cue or not but you sure had a good two days of rest after that conversation. With the assurance and slight disappointment that 343 couldn't erase you from existence (if he could, he definitely would've), you could spend your time not thinking about him.

Whether the lack of ability was due to plot armour or some universe bullsh*t, it didn't matter.

You were hardly going to let your guard down after though. Lots of things could still kill you and the taste of ash in your mouth after dying was still unpleasant. You didn't end up divulging the contents of your conversation with anyone. What happened could remain where it was. 073 didn't ask and you appreciated it.

There was only so much time that could pass before life threw its next problem at you and so, on a perfectly regular morning, you found yourself rudely interrupted with your death.

The culprit? Why, a certain Dr. Alto Clef, of course.

Another situation that was taken entirely out of your hands. You could absolutely not talk to him if you ever saw him in the halls but if he was actively going after you with the intent to kill you (for reasons you could figure out), well, there wasn't much you could do to avoid him now could you?

So yes, your first interaction with Clef went great.

You cursed under your breath as time rewound the first time. The only good thing about this segment was that you weren't in your containment chamber. If you were, you would've been trapped in there, you doubted you could've gotten out of there. Quickly, you got moving. If you didn't start now, you'd die again.

Unfortunately, you didn't start running nearly early enough.

You didn't get any warning at all when a shot went off and you were thrown back into death again. Shotguns were messy, your body probably would have been mutilated and your blood would have splattered everywhere. Gun wounds hurt. A lot. You should have expected Clef wouldn't have used any other weapon. When you awakened again, you didn't hesitate to take off.

How long would you have to run in order to get him to stop? You would either have to incapacitate him first (something you didn't really have the tools to do now) or wait until he got tired of chasing you. Ideally, he would stop trying to kill you and you wouldn't have to talk to him after getting him to stop.

You did not like your chances. Former GOC, literally known for how good he was at terminating SCPs versus you, just some person who wanted to not keep dying. There really was no such thing as peace in this universe, you woefully lamented. Your best bet would be to go to the cafeteria which had the most obstacles you could put in Clef's way. It was also one of the only places you could actually reach without a keycard.

And then bullets ripped through you and you died. Again.

You only kind of wanted to scream.

Third time's the charm, right? At least you knew exactly where you wanted to go this time. The moment the world came into focus, you ran. You ducked around and between various people, offering a small apologetic smile at times but never stopping. The halls were not empty but they weren't full either. On occasion, you heard gunshots echo behind you. You didn't stop.