Chapter 1: Abnormal

TW for chapter and likely rest of the fic: blood, violence, murder, death, typical SCP stuff.

------

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

|| Your day had been ruined. ||

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Your eyes opened before you swiftly shut them. Nope. This was not happening today. The ceiling that was definitely not your ceiling mockingly stared back at you as you reopened your eyes. An alarm blared in the background and the tiles were cold beneath your body. Begrudgingly, you sighed and pulled yourself up. Your day had been ruined.

Now, where were you... The walls were boringly grey and the lights seemed to have been destroyed. The air smelled like chemicals. Two papers were beside you on the floor. Picking both of them up, you skimmed through the contents of both. Dread filled you as you read the three big letters at the top of the first page. SCP.

This was bullsh*t. You scowled, dropping the pages. This was too real to be a prank and after pinching yourself, you confirmed it wasn't a super elaborate dream either. That D-Class orientation leaflet wasn't yours, clearly and the other one wasn't important. Doing a quick scan of yourself, you were relieved to find you were still wearing your regular clothes and not the terribly bright orange of the D-Class uniform.

So. This was, what you assumed to be, SCP containment breach. That sucked and you were most likely going to die. Life had certainly outdone itself this time, oh boy. An alternate dimension and the likelihood of dying? How fun! You were sure you had just speedrun through the stages of grief in the last minute.

So, how was this going to work? Should you just sit still and wait for MTF? Try to escape? There certainly weren't any good options for you. The alarm continued to sound and you could hear people shouting. You didn't really feel like sitting around so, with your mind set, you might as well go around and explore the place and maybe one of the endings will trigger. Gate A seemed like the best choice.

You stood up, stretched your limbs out before heading through the broken door. You passed the next room, not bothering to glance at the monitor and went down the stairs to the right. Peanut was already gone, thankfully, so you safely managed to go through the room and head to the left door.

You pressed the red button and walked through the door, remembering to close it behind you. Wouldn't want Peanut sneaking up on you, now. In front of you, laid two paths. You went right, blinking before you went through the door. No one so far. Good. The room was only a long empty hall so you continued to the only door in the vicinity. It was already open.

You glanced to the left where you found SCP 914's room. Making a mental note of where it was, you continued forward. You still needed a keycard before you could go upgrade things. There was one more narrow hallway that had the small testing room you went through before opening the door.

"Oh dear," you muttered, seeing SCP 173 standing in the corner, just behind the door. It was incredibly strange seeing it in person. It was just the slightest bit taller than you and you could see the rough texture of the concrete. Making a quick decision, you went to the room across while keeping an eye on the SCP. A body fell from the ceiling of the room. You guessed it was from 106's pocket dimension.

Your eyes watered as you blindly grasped for the button. You hit the button and walked through the door, sighing in relief as you shut the door, leaving Peanut in there.