CHAPTER 7

I look up into Cedric's eyes longingly "wanna go out Diggory?" I ask reluctantly. He flashes me a sickly smile "of course". Draco looks at him with a tinge of disgust forming behind his eyes. Little does he know, I'm feeling exactly the same.

As I'm walking down the corridor to my next class someone grasps my wrist roughly and pins me against the wall. Cedric's face is only a couple of inches from mine and a wave of repulsion washes over me. His breath smells good but its not vanilla or peppermint... "Cedric get off of me" I demand and try to shove him by the chest but he doesn't budge. I see Draco walking out of potions, he glances my way and senses the fright in my eyes. Then he walks away. He walked away and I will never forget it.

I call out for the only other person I can rely on "Hermione! Help!" I shout, attempting to shove Cedric off again. I see the trio walking out of the classroom and she catches sight of me then quickly rushes to my side. "Get off of her Diggory" Hermione demands and he puts his hands up in mock surrender before walking away. "Be ready for me to take you out tomorrow Raven" he calls then turns the corner.

"Thank you so much for saving me Hermione" I say gratefully "how could I ever repay you?" I ask, feeling in debt to her. She looks at me, deep in thought before answering. "Kiss me" I gasp in shock at her boldness before crashing my lips against hers in a rush. I pull away and see her eyes filled with lust. I lean in to kiss her again but then remember what she did to me weeks ago. I gently push her away and begin walking down the corridor, giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Hermione's POV

"Kiss me" I say before I can stop myself. Raven hesitates and for a moment I think that she is going to leave but then in one swift movement she pushes her lips against mine and a rush of adrenaline courses through my veins.

I told her that I didn't like girls because I was scared of what others would think, and say. I lied to her. When she ran from my room, I felt my heart break. Over and over. She must have been so embarrassed but despite that, she still kissed me now. I know she didn't smell me in the amortentia but maybe she was lying. Until she exposes her true feelings towards me, I will take whatever I can get, even if its a meaningless kiss in the corridor. I'll take it.

She pulls away after a moment and without a word, walks down the corridor. Away from me.

Draco's POV

As I walk out of potions I see her. Raven. Pinned up against the wall by that hufflepuff. In that moment I wished to be him, so close to her, dominating her. He annoys me for some reason that I can't explain. Maybe because he's got eyes on my best friend. That must be it. She's my best friend, that's why I care so deeply for her, its the only explanation. That's what I tell myself. As much as it pains me to do so, I walk away. I walk away from her frightened stare and trembling body. Away. Away. Away...

Raven's POV

After an eventful day I almost forget about Pansy but am immediately reminded when she stumbles into our shared dorm. I pull out some parchment and a quill then begin writing a letter.

My dearest Pansy

Yeah that's good. Make it nice and soppy.

Meet me tomorrow night in the astronomy tower
Yours faithfully, Draco

Perfect. I climb over to Pansy's bed and put the note under her pillow with stealth then clamber back into my own bed. A twinge of disappointment hits me as she falls into a deep slumber. She's probably too intoxicated to read anyway. Oh well, she'll see it tomorrow.