CHAPTER 22

Day of the ball.

I wake up early, too excited to sleep any longer. Today is the day. I can only begin to imagine how perfect its going to be. Me and Draco dancing into the night. This is how it was supposed to be from the beginning. Me and him. Only us. Together.

He will probably wear his black suit and I'll wear my- my- . I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR! I've been so occupied with school work that I haven't had time to think about my outfit. I walk over to my wardrobe and search through my casual clothes. I'm going to look so out of place with everyone there wearing formal attire.

Just then something sandwiched between some clothes catches my eye. I reach further into my wardrobe and pull out the most stunning Sacramento green dress. The bodice is adorned carefully with lace and the skirt is full and voluminous. I notice a shred of parchment on the floor that I hadn't before, being too occupied with the gorgeous dress.

Darling Raven
I figured you hadn't anything to wear so I spent a small fortune on this dress for you.
Yes, I know I acquire exceptional taste in clothing. Thank me later ;)
D. Malfoy

I bring the paper in my hand to my heart and smile unintentionally. I'm more excited for the ball now that I'm going to arrive in this. No one will be able to take their eyes off of me.

I take the dress over to my bed and begin to undress. I slide the fabric up my legs and slip my arms in. With immense difficulty I finally reach the zipper at the back and pull it up. I turn and look in the mirror. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Who is that? It can't be me. The girl looking back at me is stunning and confident in her magnificent gown.

Draco's POV

I wake up and roll out of the comfort of my bed. I've made such a huge mistake. I gave Raven that dress out of kindness when I'm supposed to be making her forget me. I can't help it somethings. She makes me want to be good for her. But I can't be. My future has already been decided by her father.

I have no choice. If I go against his orders then I die. I can't do that to her. For everything I'm going to do, that would be too far. I can't die on her. What if she dies? No! I can't even think about that without an extreme slash of pain slicing my chest. She's everything to me. Nothing can change that. Nothing.

Hermione's POV

Ron hasn't asked me to attend the ball with him and I'm pretty positive that he and Harry are going with the Patil twins. I can't tell Raven.  I know she's going with Draco and it would be wrong for me to interfere. No matter how much I want to. No matter how much I want her.

Raven's POV

It's announced that lessons for today are cancelled and I am glad, I'm too giddy to concentrate on work. I've decided to tie my hair in a half ponytail leaving two pieces of hair at the front to frame my face. I'm wearing dark eyeliner around my eyes and my eyebrows are very prominent. I look marvellous. I miss Draco though. I wonder what he's up to.

Now I know that my dress fits I hang it back in my wardrobe to stop the material from creasing and go for some lunch. I walk over to Hermione as Ron and Harry are nowhere to be seen. Thank god. She looks up at me gratefully for providing her company. "You're makeup looks amazing!" She compliments me. I cover my face with my hands forgetting that I was wearing such bold makeup around school. "I forgot to take it off!' I whine and slowly take my hands away to smile at her "thank you though".

"No problem, so what are you wearing tonight?" She asks politely. "Draco brought me a dress" I answer and can't hold back the blush that spreads generously from one cheek to the other "its a gorgeous Sacramento green, what are you wearing?" I inquire back. "It's a secret" she says and I take a piece of cake from the platter placed in the centre of the table. "Mmmm chocolate, my favourite" I say with my mouthful. "Be careful, you almost sound like Ron" Hermione jokes.

"Speaking of Ron, did he ask you yet?" Her smile vanishes but reappears in a second "yeah, I'm so excited" she says. Somethings off, I'll leave it for now. "I'm so happy for you" I lie through my teeth. My very chocolatey teeth.

A:N This is the dress I imagine Raven wearing. Hope you like it. :)

 :)