CHAPTER 23

The day goes on and I find myself unable to concentrate on anything for more than a few seconds. Just imagining tonight makes my heart beat rapidly. Me and Draco dancing together, its something I'd never thought could happen until now.

Nothing can stop it. He will be there.

Draco's POV

I can't be there. I can't give Raven hope that I can be the person she needs. I can't lead her on like this when all I'm going to do is leave her when she most depends on me. Giving her that dress was a mistake, I wonder if there is still time to take it back. Then she would have nothing to wear as well as no one to go with.

I won't be able to face her once I do this. This will be the last time I let her down because it will be the last time she gives me the chance to.

Raven's POV

It's time. I change back into my wonderful gown and re-do my makeup that has faded throughout the day. This is it. Nervous butterflies settle in my stomach and a subtle wave of nausea washes over me.

I open my door and take a deep breath then walk to the Great Hall. I am one of the first to arrive as I'm so eager. Eventually the hall is filled with large crowds of both students and teachers. But where is Draco?

I look around for Hermione but I can't see her. Just then I spot Harry and Ron with the Patil twins. I look to where their gaze is fixed and my eyes are met with Hermione walking elegantly down the staircase. She looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous and beautiful and magnificent and marvellous and- well you get the idea.

The skirt of her pink and purple dress is adorned with ruffles and a purple string of material is tied around the waist. The short sleeves are flowing and the material is thin. She's perfect. But she's alone. Oh god! I saw Ron with Padma!

Was Hermione lying to me she told me Ron asked her but maybe he didn't. I stroll over to her and her hair looks gorgeous, its tied up in a fancy up-do with ribbon curls falling down her back. "Where's Ron?"
"Where's Draco?"
We ask each other simultaneously. "I have no idea, he should be here" I answer truthfully. "And Ron?" She looks down at the floor before I stick out my hand and lift her face so she meets my eyes once again. "Change of plans" she says and we fall into silence. "Would you care to take this dance Hermione?" I ask and bow, reaching out my hand poshly. She takes my hand and accepts my offer politely.

I can't think about Draco now. As we dance I catch Ron staring at Hermione in awe. He's sat at one of the decorated tables completely ignoring his date. I stick up my middle finger at him then let my hand slip down to Hermione's ass making sure he can see. I feel her tense up against me and I return my hand to its previous position on her waist.

Ron looks away with jealousy clouding his vision. He should have taken the opportunity when he had it. "Let's go get drinks" I say to Hermione and she detaches herself from my body sending a shiver down my spine from the sudden disconnection. "You get them, I need to talk to Ron and Harry" she says and I nod then walk away.

Hermione's POV

As I dance with Raven all of my problems fade into the background and its just her I see. Just then I feel something on my bum. Oh my god! It's Raven's hand! My face burns and after a few moments she takes it away and I shiver from the loss of contact. "Let's go get drinks" she suggests and I let her body slip from my grip. "You get them, I need to talk to Ron and Harry" I say, she nods and walks over to the drinks table.

She looks ethereal in her gorgeous green dress, Draco has immaculate taste, as much as I hate to admit it. But where is he? Raven said she didn't now and I feel for her. I know how it feels to not have the person that you really want. I approach Harry and Ron with a false smile displayed on my face. "Having fun?" Harry asks me and I pray that he didn't see what happened with Raven. "Uh yeah, thanks" "I could tell" Ron sniggers. Okay, he definitely saw.