Chapter 14

"Drinks!" Hunter yelled coming from the stairs ruining our moment. Joe let go of me and moved back winking again at me. This wasn't finished, and I didn't want it to be, but only for the sake of Jill I did.

I shuffled out of the door kind of pissed Hunter ruined our moment, though I dread to think what might of happened if he came in later and caught something he wasn't supposed to see... if there was anything to see. Shockingly hunter grabbed my hand and pulled me along to the stairs dragging me down them, Joe trailing behind. "So are you guys heavy drinkers then?"

"No not at all, but we do have a party from time to time. This can be your welcoming celebration if you will." I didn't need a celebration, I already felt welcome with them all. "Ok but we are not to go overboard." He agreed nodding seriously. "Pinky promise... I take these to the grave and if you break them, you'll be cursed I'm telling you." He smiled laughing lightly and wrapped his pinky around mine.  "We already are"

Time skip —————————

About 3 hours had gone by and i was now sat laughing with both joe and hunter down in the basement, over what we didn't even know. We sat atop the canopy on the black leather couches them both with beers in hand and I lying out on one with my head resting on hunters lap. He stroked my hair with one hand telling me stories of his younger days, and how he'd frequently be in trouble at school over something or another. He spoke of the time he got caught smoking weed at school in a bathroom cubicle, and Joe had to come in and bail him out. It turns out Joe stuck up for him and argued the school was lying. "Dad to tell you the truth I did it." I looked over to Joe who was sat looking down at his bottle nodding his head. "I know hahaha, I didn't at first but then not long after I caught you myself. You were no good at hiding things as a kid. Even now." Joe got up to leave to the bar, but I couldn't t help notice hunters face after that sentence. It changed, from happy, to one of him raising his eyebrows and gladness. I chose to ignore it, but I knew he was hiding something.

"JOE GET UP THESE STAIRS RIGHT NOW." I'd never heard Jill in such tone before but boy was she not happy. "Wish me luck." Joe crossed his fingers and headed up the stairs "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN-" the door slammed shut, he was in for it yet again. "we didn't clean up did we." I shook my head no. "Oh well." He laughed, but I was not to calm. He noticed my fear. he lifted my head of him and pulled my arm down the steps towards the bar, trying not to fall as we went. "You'll be okay, it'll be me and dad who get it. Here, to calm you nerves." He passed me a concoction of some sort in a red cup. I smiled and took it.

"So which 'old friend' gifted them this then?" I moved towards the strippers pole and spun my self around it falling after the twirl. Laughing he came over and helped me back up "careful you might hurt yourself." He ignored my question and sat himself back on another leather couch that sat facing the pole. We heard the door slam shut again and both looked waiting towards the sound. "She's not happy but I dealt with it." He laughed. "Jesus what've I missed." He said looking towards me on the pole. "I can't do it, the best I've got is a spin and I can't even do that." Joe came over and sat on another couch pulling me down from the stage and me now straddling his lap. I didn't move a muscle scared I might disturb a beast I ought not to. He held my waist with one hand and the other he sat swinging his beer, he didn't take his eyes off me, But failed to realise his son was sat just a couch away.

Hunter came up from behind me and pulled me off him "hey where do you think your going." I had no idea either, until hunter dropped me from his arms. I started to choke on water and fought my way to the surface. "You swine." He took off his pants and came down to sit on the ledge of the pool "you wouldn't of drowned, I was doing you a favour, you looked a little too warm." I pulled him from the ledge dropping him in. My feet barely reached the floor, as I stood on the balls of my feet. "are you struggling?"