Chapter 12

I leapt into his arms squeezing him to death "hello to you too." A dog started barking from out of no where."omg a doggggggg" I held out my hand for it to sniff, as it's tail wagged excitedly. It was this big Black and Tan german shepherd. "This is champ, he's my boy." Joe reached down to stroke him as he was clambering all over me for attention. I didn't even realise I was on the floor until Joe stretched his hand out to get me back up. I took it and dust my clothes off whilst the dog was still sniffing me. "How are you, I missed you."

"I've been really good, happy to not be there anymore. The night checks were something else I tell you, every 15 minutes!" Joe looked shocked "well I'm happy your safe." Jill added, I almost forgot she was there, Joe nodded in response. "Listen we need to have a talk, just to lay some ground rules out, and go over a few things." I agreed and proceeded to stay by the dog.

"Right well since we are all not doing anything, why not now?" Jill responded from the kitchen. "Yeah alright." Joe lead me over to the kitchen dinning table and I took a seat. We all sat around the table "so me and Jill have spoken about this already, and made things fair enough we think, if you have any questions at the end, then we are happy to hear them." He smiled.

"Right rule number one, whatever is said in this house, stays in this house, always, This is the biggest rule there is, and it's the most important. Rule number two, we'll be giving you chores, but we will give you an allowance each week for your work, $300." I looked at them shocked, $300 they were crazy, I could drop my job at the 7 eleven. "Your kidding right, I can't take that, that's too much, I mean thank you but that's excessive." Joe laughed and swung his head from side to side looking at the table "tough, your getting it, you can go get new clothes and do fun stuff with your friends."

"Now rule number three, respect. Respect is a big thing in this house, and if you disrespect any of us, expect punishment. We are a fair family, but if you go overboard expect there to be consequences." I nodded in agreement and he went on "rule number four, guys, and or girls, None are coming round if know don't know about it, same with parties. Your a senior, and i expect you'd be venturing out into wanting both of these things." He didn't word that quite right, and realised going a different shade and holding his hands up "y-you know what I mean." He laughed with me.

"Right moving on, rule five, don't be afraid to ask for help or ask for anything. You are not alone. Also the house appliances, You need anything to eat, the fridge is there and the oven, treat this home as your own. Don't be afraid of us, come sit downstairs with us, we won't bite, we are happy to have you here.. We want you to thrive sweetheart... before me and Jill start getting teary eyed let's end it there."  We all stood up and I went round to them both, and hugged them tight. "We love you ok, just remember we are always here ok?"

"Ok." We pulled away and Jill ran to get some kitchen roll to wipe her eyes. "You seen your room yet?" Joe said, taking breaths to calm down. "No, I haven't been upstairs, I was to busy taking all the downstairs. It's beautiful." He smiled and took my hand walking me towards the stairs. "so you've seen the basement then?" He walked up the first few steps looking back at me.

"No, where's that." He stopped and pulled me back down and strode back into the living room towards the windows where you could see the garden. "i can't believe you didn't show her the basement Jill!" He took me to the walkway that lead through to the massive dinning room, only we stopped at the glass doors. joe pushed the wall facing the doors, and a doorway opened. The door blended in with the wall, hence why I must of missed it. It revealed simple beige carpet leading down joe went first and I followed in after. The stairs went quite far down and at the bottom revealed another open space.

The walls were lined with dark oak planks much like the floor was upstairs. The floor down here half was the beige carpet from the stairs, and the rest a lighter oak. Big wooden beams held the roof. in the far left big drinking bar featured accompanied by tall chairs surrounding the outside to sit around. In the far right a stage and stripper pole. I looked back at joe who had seemed to have forgotten his words "ohhh yeah no it's not like that, it it was a gift... from an old friend hahahaha honestly I swear." It wasn't, couches surrounded it, I know it'd been in use, and I know it wasn't Jill who'd have used it, definitely not.