Chapter 33

I didn't expect it. My whole world felt like it had been shifted. "It cannot be true" Pence just nodded at me. Out of everything I could've imagined the last thing I'd expect was this.

"Twenty six flights apparently. Has Joe not forbidden you from seeing him at all? He got defensive over me being around you, and I'm happily married! I'm shocked your affiliation with bill hasn't gone down like a led balloon with him."

Twenty six flights.

"Why is he here? why is no one doing anything?"

"He has a lot of power in the world of politics and some of them owe him. He has ties to other powerful people and donors too, that's why. It's not about his character."

The short story pence had shared with me about a man called Epstein and his island of underage girls made me sick to my stomach, and to think bill was associated with that place on more than a dozen accessions, there was no excuse.

"It is wrong, you don't think he too? You know partook, in the crimes?"

"It's not for me to say but twenty six flights? It's a bit suspicious. If I was you, I'd ask him about it, because what do I know? Just remember I didn't tell you all this." He smiled into his bottle, making direct eye contact with me, sealing the promise. "But If I was you, I'd calm down a bit before you go in, Remember today is an important day for you. your publicly now a Biden, not officially but you might as well be, And that means you have a reputation to uphold, so don't butcher it on your first appearance."

I didn't care for my reputation, but I knew I couldn't just waltz in there and cause a scene ruining it.

Suddenly, We heard the grass crunching from a bit away, and quietly pence shushed me, to go no further with the conversation we were having.

"You didn't take my advice then so it seems." Me and Mike cocked our heads to the side to see the president walking up to us. "The shoes I mean"

"I don't fucking care about the god damn shoes. I have- had a man... it's not about the fucking shoes. Shut up, shut the fuck up." I didn't even know what I was saying or was taking into consideration who I was saying it too. My hands were shaking violently, as the anger grew.

"Okay, bad time? Bad time." The large man came to sit down beside us anyway, and it made me realise what I'd said in the silence that was so loud. Pence had wrapped his arm around my shoulder in attempt to comfort me. Looking at mikes sympathetic expression, and trumps saddened smile across at the forest, it started to get me upset.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"It's ok, your going through it clearly." He slapped his hand down on mine grabbing it for a second before admitting "you know, your shoes are nice, I quite like the air Maxs'." I stifled a small hum through the few tears that escaped my eyes. "I'll have to gift you new pair, as a sort of welcome home present for you. Would you like that?"

"Thank you Mr president it is most kind, but I cannot accept your offer."

"It is not an offer. I'm getting you some new shoes."

"You Can't argue with that" Mike spoke briefly tightening his hold on me smiling out into the distance. I awkwardly thanked trump again and we all sat there in the backyard looking out into the forest across from the water.

"I'm going to go, do I look like I've been crying?" I whispered to pence, letting him look at my face. he shook his head no, so I started to get up again, thanking them both one last time. "We are making a habit out of these little backyard meetings. Till the next one maybe, I'll see you later." I patted both of them on the back, soon making my way back to the house.