Chapter 27

"Clarice, come on bud, it's three thirty. Frank and Jim are set to be here soon. I didn't see you at all yesterday, You can't hide away forever" I wanted to doubt that last point very much.

I hid myself under the covers away from her opening the blinds. "Come onnnnnnnn" jill laughed, trying to cheer me up. She snatched away the quilt and her smile faltered. "What happened" she sat next to me on the bed coming to touch my throat before taking it back and holding me in her arms. "Nothing, it doesn't matter, it's over"

"It does matter. What- did you do this" I nodded my head forcing a smile, before I went to get up to look in the mirror to see how bad the damage was. I could feel it, but after the shower, I basically collapsed into my bed. It was bad. Long Claw marks ran all the way down my throat, as if I had clawed at it for breath. I lifted my shirt and more lay there along my waist where he liked to hold me. "Why?" Jill called shuffling towards the bathroom.

"I don't know. I'm just sad"

"Are you happy here?"

"Jill I've never been happier. I'm just going through a rough patch is all. It'll be ok. I won't do it again, it's just how I felt."

"I love you, you know. I'll always be here for you. I don't want you doing this again, I'm not angry at you, just please talk to me. We can work it out." She held my hand bringing me back into her arms.

I loved Jill, she was always there for me, it's a shame I didn't treat her like it.

"How am I going to hide it?"

"Come on" she dragged me off out of the room and dragged me to the stairs. We stopped upon seeing a car come through into the roundabout at the front of the house. "Frank and Jim." She continued on and led us in her and joes room.

It was the same layout to mine, only the walls were painted grey and white, and the furniture was different and placed in other areas. It was more modern, unlike my rustic cosy room. Theirs was more formal. Walking In, she sat me on the side of bed, before scurrying off to bring back a big black box. "Right let's get to work"

She opened it and pulled out it's many compartments, revealing a shit ton of various makeup. I had no idea about any of it really, but I knew I was in trusted hands if it was left to Jill. She began picking out a bunch of shades of what appeared to be some sort of nude foundation/contour supplies.

I watched her leave my side again and return back with a sweater. "Right I need you to put this on, it'll hide most of it" I took of my shirt, and put the white turtleneck on, It wasn't bad, only a bit bigger than myself. "They are all over" Jill gasped.

Yeah that's where your man was.

She made me tip my head up so she could get to the rest. I only had a few under my jaw she said, so it'd be easy enough to cover, it'd just have to not touch it. This added to the anxiety, of meeting his family, incase I happened too.

"Jill I want to go back to school. I've made my mind up, i don't want to leave my friends behind, and I don't have long left there." I didn't really want to go back, but I didn't want to stay here all day with joe either, I'd rather of been with my friends.

"Your right, but if you are to go back, Just be prepared. I don't want to put more pressure on you, but you will have probably of realised, people will be talking about this. They will want to know our business." She had a point, I couldn't run from talking about it forever, I'd just have to be honest. The media would eat it up after they discovered me and who I was, and which family I now belonged to. I dreaded the thought, of the questions, and the possibility the night of Janet would become who I was, what I was known for.