Chapter 25

I lay into my pillows crying my eyes out. I had half a mind to go down there and tell him I cared, but he wouldn't believe me, not now. I ruined it. He was done talking, but I had so much more to say. The statement wasn't even true in the slightest, I was just hurt. We had come so far, just for it to crash and burn. I wouldn't allow it, I couldn't allow it.

He became my everything in such little time, but now he was again just my carer.

I wanted him to hold me and tell me he was only kidding like some sort of bad joke. That he'd come running up those stairs just to be by my side again like he'd never left in the first place. But he wouldn't.

I waited hours for him to come. He never did.

It was Jill. Jill found me in such a state shaking weeping around a small pile of tissues. "Your not going back to that school, I'm getting you a tutor" little did she know i was crying over her man.

Not mine.

I was his, but joe was never mine to begin with. He was hers.

The guilt was overwhelming, I cried into her shoulder, knowing I'd just been on joes in another way, whilst she was away at work Providing for us, for me.

She was my friend and I betrayed her in the worst way, and I'd never be able to forget that. The selfishness of my own actions led me here. I shouldn't of pursued him, and neither should he I. But we did, and I couldn't take that back. "I'm sorry Jill"

"Don't be, it'll be ok, you'll be ok, it's not over. We are here, I'll get on the phone to the school, and find someone to teach you and it'll all be good. We will get through it." She patted me on the back and left holding the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

Her voice faded as she headed away out of the room. My head banged feeling so much pressure built up in it. I'd worn myself out, crying for hours over a guy, never did I think I'd find myself like this. I thought maybe I should've listened to my younger self about agreeing to remain single. It made it worse, because I realised I was single. We weren't even together. How could we of been? He was married.

This wasn't my fault, it was his. I wouldn't pay, he would. For every tear I shed that night I'd make sure he'd suffer. I made a deal with myself to seek revenge on the man that hurt me so.

Jill would remain oblivious to our affair, but I'd pull Joe through the mud with it hanging above his head, just to get my way. I would not be a victim, not again.

He would learn.