Chapter 22

I got dressed, replaying everything what happened in my head, over and over. I had a busy day ahead of me, today I'd ring. To confront Hunter.

I dreaded it, but knew it had to be done. I picked up my phone and stared at his number for a while deciding if I was going to do it. I did, and it rung through. "Hello?"

"Right, why the fuck didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"You have kids n shit. Not to mention the divorce THIS YEAR... After everything we did, I can't believe it, I mean how many is there?"

"4, well I mean 5 but that one doesn't count."

"What do you mean it does count?"

"It's a long story. But anyway, it's not like I've had time to talk to you about it, we sort of rushed into it all"

"You had plenty of time, you could've told me over our first dinner, there's been countless times we could've spoke. I'm like your rebound aren't I?"

"What- no no, I mean we are just having fun, but like your not a rebound from my divorce"

"Just having fun."

"Yeah I mean, that's what you thought too right, I mean we are to be family, we c-"

I was a fool. The first man to touch me, the first one I gave a shit to throw myself at. I convinced myself I hadn't fallen for him, but I had, or was at least still falling. Those moments we shared couldn't be taken away, as much as I wished they would they couldn't. It was embarrassing he had to confirm what he just said to me again. It was my own fault, I shouldn't of been so quick to jump into his arms, without actually knowing him at all.

"Fuck off" I ended the call to him, I was too angry to shed tears, but to numb to move. My phone continued to buzz and ring, and it just made it worse. His ID popped up on the Lock Screen, with a picture of us both smiling the day he gifted it me.

I left my circle canopy, leaving my phone to ring up there, I couldn't deal with it anymore. I met joe downstairs, as he cooked us food. Bacon and eggs. "Ayyyyy there she is" he was so joyous, I felt bad I couldn't match his mood. "What's wrong?" He caught on. "Hunter. He's a right pisstake. No offence"

"None taken, I know what you mean. I love him, don't get me wrong, he has a lot of idiotic tendencies. for example, this child thats on the way, I don't know what the hell he's going to do" I didn't know there was another one, on the way. To be honest, this was the icing on the cake. "You didn't know did you?" He must of noticed my face. "No, no I didn't. Nice."

"I did try to warn you" I looked at him, to shut up, but he was right. Joe could've done more than warn me, but it didn't matter anymore, and it was up to Hunter to tell me. "By the way, Jill wants to speak to you later. Don't worry, it's just about school. She wanted to ask if your ready to go back" I didn't particularly want to, but I did have a few friends who might've missed me. I'd not even looked at my revision notes, or done any new ones, in months. "Alright" I sighed.

"What do you not want to, because we can arrange something, like homeschooling with a tutor" I shook my head no, I needed to go back. "No it's fine il go back. I have friends I haven't seen in forever" I didn't have many, but there were a few goodens. "Guys?"

"Wow, you really caught feelings" I know I had. "Yeah, now are there guys in your circle?" He sounded dead serious, but it was nice to know he liked me. "Yeah, only like two though. They're good friends of mine." There's Mathew (Matt) and Ethan, I'm closer to Matt, they're both proper nerds. Though, Ethan made it to the football team, I heard by the skin of his teeth, but I never told him that.