Chapter 4

Weeks went by pretty fast after that first phone call with jill, we began to get into a routine, she'd call me 3 times each week Monday Thursday and Saturday 4:30. I was back at school so I had stories to tell her about classroom antics and general stuff. She'd listen and laugh with me, and even share her stories remembering how it was when she went to high school. She worked as a college professor, so she had some recent stories to share aswell, she was quite passionate about her job.

It'd been about 5 weeks now, and she finally popped the question "so I was wondering, would you want to meet sometime if I sort it out with your Carers, we could go for ice cream or something if you'd like?" There wasn't a doubt in my mind about going, I really connected with Jill better than I thought. I agreed and we made plans.

A week later, the day came, I'd finally meet Jill, I dressed myself up kind of, putting on my best black sweater and jeans. I left my hair down, because I heard somewhere that hair means health or something, at least something like that. And before I knew it I was off, bill was dropping me off with Jill, Janet couldn't bare it. It Kind of pissed me off, because it's not even like we were really close, she just used to like mumming me sometimes. Who knows maybe she'll miss the approval I gave her about her bland food, because god knows bill won't say out.

We arrived at the parking lot outside this mall, bill handed me a phone for emergency, and walked me through if anything were to go wrong or if I felt in danger. We walked through the mall doors and I heard her "CLARICE?" She yelled from the other side. "JILLLLLL" We ended up running at each other and squeezing each other in a tight embrace. She was beautiful, she had quite sharp features and almond shaped eyes and a bit longer than shoulder length blonde hair. She dressed quite formal aswell, and she was shorter than I imagined to be honest.

Bill hurried over and introduced himself and she did the same back and not long after he left leaving me and Jill to natter. The whole experience was surreal, like she was just cool, you couldn't describe her any other way.

We ended up walking round the mall browsing in a ton of shops, trying on outfits even buying a few. She was weirded out that I never bothered with heels, and never tried them on, so we went in a shop tried some on, and I couldn't balance to save my life, I ended up falling over on a bag, twisting my ankle and pulling Jill down with me as we went, the poor store assistant came running over worrying, whilst me and Jill were laughing our arses off. We decided heels weren't for me, that day.

Not long after we went for ice cream Jill got some like caramel toffee swirl thing, and I stuck with classic vanilla because it is the best, and no one can say different. "Joe would've loved this. He's obsessed with ice cream. If anything goes wrong, or he's having a bad day, give him ice cream." I smiled at her. "Can relate to that one, food is my go to and all, it's probably not healthy, but that chocolate bar has an expire date, and so do I, and I'm not going first."

We soon finished our ice creams, and it was time to go home as the mall was shutting and people were clearing out. "Well Jill it was lovely meeting you, but I best ring our bill to come pick me up, I didn't realise the time." I laughed "yeah no don't worry about it, I would have dropped you off if I was allowed. If you want, it's completely up to you though, feel no pressure, we can meet again at some point if you'd like?"

"Yeah 100%, i proper enjoyed myself today, thank you for taking the time. We can definitely do this again at some point, just ring me and let me know what you want to do." She agreed and waited with me until bill came. She gave me a hug before I left, and bid me and bill goodbye.

We soon got home, janet opened the door for us to come in, she smiled sadly at us both, she embraced me and asked how it went. I told her of mine and jills adventure and she seemed really happy for us, but frowned rippling her chin in a sort of sad way.