Studies and Assignments

The next few days were hard. Semester exams were near and even the gods had to get a passable grade. In how Hades addressed it. ‘If we don’t pass they might actually keep us here longer.’ So the gods studied hard. Annabeth had offered to help. But they had thoughtfully declined. Annabeth was going to tutor Percy as well and Poseidon didn’t want to be there watching, knowing that he could do nothing about it. The gods were in the dining room studying… well trying to. Hades was still staring at the same page for the past thirty minutes. Poseidon was writing on a piece of paper with a book in front of him, looking like he was studying but if you look at the notebook there are a lot of scribbles, drawings and random Greek curses about the subject. Zeus wasn’t any better. He had his head on the table groaning and cursing at the book he was using as a pillow. There was even a time he banged his head at the damn thing.  Poseidon finally had it and stood up causing both of his brothers to look his way.

                “I’m going to get a drink” he said “and possibly open the radio to drown out all the dull living in this room.”

                Zeus continues to look at the paper in front of him. Then banged his head at the table. “This is too hard. I memorized these all a millennia ago. I don’t see the use of this.” Hades rolls his eyes at his little brother’s theatrics. Then the doorbell rings. He jumped at the chance to get out of the table “I’ll get it!” Hades now shook his head and returned studying.

                “Hey bro who’s at the door” Poseidon asked while drinking water making gargling sounds. It sounded like he was underwater.

                “Um… it’s Nico” Poseidon closed his mouth and looked at Hades with questioning eyes. Soon Zeus entered with Nico at his tail.

                “Hey guys”

                There was simuntanious “Hey”s as well as a gargling sound.

                “So what brings you here” Poseidon asked still talking with water in his mouth. Handing the bottle of water to Zeus.

                “You know Percy can do that too?” Nico asked Poseidon just shrugged “Anyway we have a project in Foreign Language Class. ‘Sights of Great Italy’ it’s a pair project and Matt is my partner.”

                “Oh yeah” Hades said “I forgot about that. When is it due?”

                “Tomorrow”

                Poseidon did a spit take right at Zeus. Smirking and laughing he ran as Zeus chased him cursing while running around. “I’m Going to get you for that!” they ran around the apartment. Hades just shook his head at their antics.

                “So you want to get started with the project?” Hades asked Nico who still looked at the other two incredulously  was snapped back to reality and looked at Hades.

                “Uh, yeah sure.” He said then Hades motioned to the seat in front of him.  Nico grabbed a laptop from inside his backpack.

                “You have a laptop?” clearly surprised. Demigods aren’t suppose to have any electronics it attracts monsters.

                “Nope, this is Annabeth’s” he said “I borrowed it. Electronics have a tendency to …break if I buy one”

                “And you brought it because…”

                “Don’t we need pictures for the project? Besides I cant sit still in the library or look in an encyclopedia without going nuts. And don’t get me started with the paper cuts.”

                “So what are we going to be doing it on?”

                “I was thinking Roman Coliseum or The Leaning tower of Pizza”

                “I thought it was Pisa”

                “Um yeah that’s what I said” Nico started to type in the laptop. “But I still think it sounds better as Pizza”

                Then there was a crash. Hades groaned “I think I need to handle those two before they break anything. We’ll start after I sort through those two”

A Few exhausting hours later …

                Nico and Hades had finished the project and the other two gods had proceeded to try to study. Which basically means that they studied then went back to normal bickering then went back to hitting their head on the on the table or random scribbling on paper. Nico decided to stay because Percy was with Annabeth and they were going home together. Let’s just say that staying with a couple for hours could get both disgusting and annoying even if it’s a study date. They were all studying together when the doorbell rang. Hades went to answer the door as his two brothers continued to sleep on the dining room table. Percy was standing at the doorway with Annabeth beside him and Thalia just waiting behind.

                “Hey guys. Seen Nico?”

                “Yeah he’s here” Hades said “come on in”

                “Hey Perce” Nico said and both gods’ head shot up.

                “Hey we were going to go to the Pizza Parlor. You guys wanna come with?”

                They looked at each other and shrugged “Sure a distraction would be nice”