Sick Days

When they left the Pizza place they said good bye to the two sons of Hermes. The gods finally learned some more of the Demigod’s lives. They just don’t know that they would experience another mortal situation sooner than expected.

Chapter 7: Sick Days

                The gods thought today was relatively normal day, but they were sorely mistaken. Hades was the first up as usual and after a few minutes so was Zeus.  They had started to get ready for school, after a few minutes they noticed Poseidon’s absence. Zeus returned to the room to wake his brother.

                “Come on, Poseidon” Zeus said shaking his brother “Time to wake up”

                A groan erupted from the sheets.

                “Come on bro wakey wakey” Zeus coaxed but under the sheets Poseidon coughed from inside the covers which wasn’t heard by Zeus which thought of another plan to wake up his brother.

                Poseidon was curled into a ball slightly shivering and wheezing when a sudden weight attacked him and screamed “WAKE UP”

                Poseidon pushed his brother of him due to his weak state he wasn’t able push him off but he manage to cause Zeus to lose balance and fall to the carpeted floor with a thump. When Poseidon flipped open the sheets to glare at his brother. Zeus screamed and Poseidon hit him with the book that was sitting on the bedside table. Causing the younger god to shut up. Hades, who heard the commotion from inside the kitchen where he was drinking some milk, barged into the room with a white mustache; causing laughter and wheezing from the two brothers. Hades caught the wheezing and looked at Poseidon.

                “Hey Poseidon what happened to you?”

                “I don’t know” Poseidon said his voice hoarse “This idiot woke me up when I wasn’t feeling so well”

                “Hey” Zeus said “How should I know that you were sick…or whatever you call that.”

                Poseidon rolled his eyes and coughed again. His body was completely covered in rashes.

                “It’s called a rash, Zeus” Poseidon said “it happens when you’re allergic to something”

                “And the wheezing?”

                “All part of it” Hades said wiping off the milk foam on his lips. “He must’ve eaten something bad yesterday”

                “Probably the olives from the pizza?” Zeus asked

                “There were olives in that pizza?” Poseidon asked bewildered “Oh man, I thought those were anchovies”

                “Which ones?”

                “The little black ones”

                “Yes bro those are the olives I can’t believe you didn’t know that” Zeus said exasperatedly

                “Well I am sorry for my rivalry with your daughter” Poseidon said with a scowl and dots on his face.

                “Well what are we going to do?” Zeus asked “he can’t exactly go to school and I don’t think he can stay here alone”

                Poseidon rolled his eyes. “Please I am over a hundred thousand years old”

                “Yes a god a little over a hundred thousand years old who doesn’t know the difference between olives and anchovies” Zeus said sarcastically.