Winter

After a week more of craziness, Hades was finally out of the stupid cast and Zeus was back to his sixteen year old self and the two were back to school. December had arrived in New York and snow had started to fall. The three gods had to practically shovel their way to school. Demeter had left them after the week was over, which was a relief for both Zeus and Hades.

The three gods entered the school soaking wet and slightly freezing.

"I can't believe they still ask us to come with this terrible weather!" Zeus exclaimed "that is quite unfair"

"Oh, stop whining." Poseidon said removing his coat and rubbing his arms warm. "It’s just frozen water"

"Yeah, frozen water that could be felt all the way into your bones" Hades muttered sarcastically

"Well, it's better that a hot winter" the three gods jumped in surprise. Behind them was Poseidon's friend Allison. She was still wearing three layers of coats, gloves and about a thin layer of snow. But she didn’t seem to mind "I heard that in other countries, winter is still thirty six degrees! I mean, seriously?"

"You’re still covered in snow" Hades noted She smiled at him sarcastically

"You don't say" Over the week the two had become friends from a common acquaintance known as Sarcasm. Both could talk for hours just contradicting each other and snapping things back and forth. It was rather poetic in a sense... A very strange sense at least.

 "I think he meant is why" Poseidon said "doesn't tour mom bring you to school"

"Well" Allison said removing a few layers revealing a purple long-sleeved sweater over a blue shirt. "She had this convention again and I took the bus here"

"the bus stops right outside the school" Hades noted "it's not possible to get that much snow on you after walking five meters infinite school unless the snow was until your head which I highly doubt.”

She glared slightly at Hades. "Alright let me rephrase that I took A bus here. Walked from three blocks down to here."

"Why?"

 She just shrugged "Mom is busy. She leaves me money, then I know how to get here by myself so... It's fine."

"It’s fine?" Poseidon repeated "you were out in the snow. Alone. While it was practical pouring snow outside."

 Allison shrugged. "You get used to it"

"Really? That's all you have to say, you get use to it?"

"We have to get to class" she said changing the subject.

"Alright" Poseidon said "but his conversation is not over"

"Sure, sure" she said waving it off. Then they all went into their classes.

Later after their third class, the office announced a half day due to a coming snow storm. Poseidon waited for Allison outside of the Math classroom. Zeus came out of the classroom.

"What are you doing here?" he asked Poseidon

"Waiting for Ally"

"She was the first one out of the class." Zeus said "why are you looking for her."

"Because knowing her she would try to evade the conversation." Poseidon said "hopefully she hasn't left yet"

Poseidon swiftly walked over to their lockers while Zeus slowly followed his brother.

In the hallway, Allison was putting on her left glove when the two gods arrived in the hallway.

"Hey guys!" she said "Wazzup! How's it goin? That's great but as much as I love to talk I need to get home"