Consequences

Caution Weird chapter

Zeus POV

                Uh oh

                I stood in the corner small and sniffling. Apparently each of our sisters thought of a punishment and I have been in the corner ever since Hera finished hers. Note to self: never get her angry within the reach of a wooden spoon. Being turned back into a four year old doesn't help either. Standing in the corner for an hour as a four year old, actually doubles some if the pain and discomfort, for my legs and my backside. I wiped more tears in disgust. Stupid four year old emotions. I've been crying for what feels like forever till Hestia tapped my shoulder.

                I, with my new childish impulses, jumped in her touch and practically attacked her. I cried like a young child. Which, because of her I might add, I am at the moment

                "I'm sorry" I said sobbing more which started to make my talking to be incoherent. "Shh...” Hestia patted me at the back while making me sit between her legs.

                "It’s okay."

                "Are you still angry?"

                "Not anymore, sweetie" she said as I wiped more tears off my face.

                "why don't you go wash up" Hestia said "I think Hera made some cookies and so we can see how long she's got you on house arrest, hmm?"

                I groaned. I've known my sisters for years. Hera I've known to be very strict when it came to family. Hestia when it comes to dangerous situations.

                Then there's Demeter. She is the epitome of a mother. She's very loving and caring but in everything else she's very stern. She is the strictest of all my sisters.

                 I went into the bathroom and then I realized that I can't reach the sink. I stretched to the tip of my toes; I could just about reach the faucet. I looked around the bathroom and found a stool. I dragged the stool to the sink then I had finally reached the faucet. I can't believe how big everything is. I can't remember everything being so big. I sighed then washed my face. I walked out to see Hera waiting for me. She opened her arms and I practically jumped into her hug.

                "I'm sorry" I said childlike "I didn't mean it."

                "I know you didn't but you could've said no then we wouldn't be in this situation, right?"

                "Yes, ma’am” she carefully lifted me, like some sort of child. But I didn’t care I was too tired to worry about it.

                We walked into the kitchen where Hestia and Demeter were just sitting there. Hestia was eating a cookie while Demeter had a very businesslike face.

                We sat on the dining room table; Hera pulled me on her lap. We sat right across Demeter who was stirring her cup of... I think that's tea. I'm not so sure.

                Anyways Hestia asked "so... What's the verdict?"

                "You’re grounded for the duration of your suspension" Demeter said to me "and you are going to be staying with me"

                "Where?" I asked scared my sister tends to give the longest punishments.

                 "Here"

                "What?" I said jumping in Hera's lap in surprise, which didn't help any, I noticed with a wince

                "Well since neither of us can trust a four year old alone at home. I'm going to stay here while you’re suspended and you will also be grounded."

                "Why?" I grumbled which actually sounded a bit like a whine.

                "Just be lucky I didn't make it a month"

                "Wait you said a four yea..." my eyes widened "you’re going to keep me like this?! You can't I didn't like being turned into a teenager in the first place much more a child."

                "Well it's your punishment, you aren't suppose to like it"

                "This sucks" I said crossing my arms

                "Watch your tongue" Hera said

                "I think he is a little grumpy" Hestia said "I think it's nap time"

                "I am not a child" I grumbled "I don't need a nap"

                "From all that grumbling I think you do" Demeter said then picked me up from Hera's lap.

                I squirmed under her grasp. Why do they keep picking me up?

                "Come on, nap time little one" Demeter, much to my dismay, carried me to a room that I swear wasn't there before. The walls were light beige and in the middle of the room was a rather large bed.

                Oh no did that mean that...

                "Can’t I sleep in our room?" I asked

                "Sorry but while your grounded you're stuck with me" I groaned as she gently placed me in bed. She kissed me in my forehead. And left the room.

                I wasn't going to sleep. I said to myself but after five minutes of staring at the ceiling my eyes were starting to droop, and after a while I was asleep.

                I woke up and looked at the time. It was already five in the afternoon. I opened my eyes to unfamiliar surroundings. Then I remembered what happened. Pranks, sisters, little kid.

                I groaned. I think I’m going to be stuck like this for a while. I walked out of the room and into the living room. Demeter was on the phone.

                “Yeah... maybe you can ask help from Percy to drive you home…” she said on the phone.

                “Who’s that?”  I asked she held up her hand telling me to wait. I crossed my arms. I hate it when they don’t include me in what’s going on.

                “Okay if her mom can bring you home… it’s just one favor, Poseidon… See, she even offered to help. Just come home immediately… alright see you soon” Demeter put down the phone.

                “What happened?”

                “Well there was an accident…”

                “What accident?”

                “Your brother’s in the hospital.”