Father and Son Accident

Hades POV

                I can't believe I, Hades, the god of the underworld, was stuck. IN THE HOSPITAL!

                Why? Well it started a few minutes prior to my meeting for Zeus' little misadventures. I had Italian, and Nico and I were invited by George, Percy's friend, to go skateboarding since Percy was apparently too busy, probably with Annabeth.

                Anyway I told them that I didn't know how to skate.

                "Its okay" George said "I can teach you guys I have an extra board"

                "Sure, I'll come but I am going on roller skates if its fine with you" Nico said "I'm more comfortable with something tied to my feet when I travelled in wheels."

                "Its fine," George said "but they have a half-pipe. You sure you don't want to just borrow Percy's board."

                 "Don’t worry" Nico said "I've done this before"

                I looked at him with disbelief. I never knew my son did these dangerous stuff. That he even knew how to skateboard.

                "How about you Matt?" George asked "you game?"

                I thought for a moment. Do I want to be at home, where Zeus is most probably gonna get scolded by our sisters, or hang out with my son and a friend... I think the friend wins this round.

                "Yeah, sure" I said shrugging "great!" George said "met you at the lobby of Percy's apartment building." he said as the bell rang and he went to his next class.

                 It wasn't a lie that I had to go do a project with Nico. It's called operation skateboard. I had to sort through a mountain of stuff.

                We found a lot of stuff, old socks, notes passed in class, a Spanish book half burned. No I'm not kidding the book was burned until only half was left. And that part was still charred pretty badly.

                "I found it!" Nico exclaimed his feet coming out from under the bed. "The skateboard?"

                "No, my ring" Nico said "it was under here the whole time? Man, I thought I lost that thing I had been searching for it everywhere did would kill me if I lost this." he wiped the ring on his shirt then put it back on.

                I smacked him at the back of his head.

                "We’re supposed to be looking for Percy's skateboard not a small metallic ring."

                "Well actually I also found the skateboard from under the bed" Nico stated "so, ha!"

                I rolled my eyes at Nico's childish attitude.

                "Where is it?"

                "It’s under the pile of unread books" Nico stated plainly. I glanced at the pile. It nearly reached the ceiling!

                "Yeah, Percy said it's his collection" Nico said "probably never occurred to him that there was a skateboard somewhere near the bottom. Ah same old, Percy"

                "How the heck are we going to get that from down there?"

                "Alright I wanna try something" Nico said I wonder how Percy had so many books.