The Drama King Returns

Chapter 14: The Drama King Returns

Zeus held his tongue till they had returned to their apartment. When they got there he practically exploded

"SHE KNOWS?" he exclaimed "HOW? WHAT?"

"I don't know" Poseidon said sarcastically "maybe because she's like Athena, your daughter I might add, and knows how to read between the lines. I mean all those petty arguments are very obvious"

"I guessed one of them would guess it sooner or later" Hades said "what I don't understand is why she would approach us if she knew. More so why Poseidon?"

"I honestly don't know" Poseidon said "all I know is that we should be more careful. Who knows who might figure it out?"

One of the classes that the gods had together was English. They sat side by side as the teacher walks around with a huge grin on his face.

"Alright class" he said enthusiastically "I've decided that instead of a quiz, we will have an activity. I will divide you into two groups and you will make a play. It should last for only twenty minutes"

One of their classmates rose their hand "what's it suppose to be about?"

"Anything" the teacher said "as long as you keep it PG of course. You can use some stories and adapt to it. You can also use some history if you want. Now everyone push the chairs back"

He asked the class to make a huge space in the middle and proceeded to divide the class. The gods were grouped with Percy, Thalia, three other girls and two boys.

"Matthew, you're the leader. Assign script writers and give me the list of members." the teacher said then left to the other group

"Wha?" Hades said "why me?"

Poseidon shrugged "why not?" Hades sighed then looked at the other members "alright listen up. Here's what we're going to do...

A few hours and one sleepless night Hades managed to write the script for their play, along with the help of Allison, one of their group members. Poseidon sat with her as they start choosing actors

"Please!" she begged

"Why?!" Poseidon said

"Why not? Please Mark"

"Why can't you ask Mike?" Poseidon asked

"Because" she said "Matthew said to ask you, for one. Two, Mike already has a role I think he's playing one of the lead. And three PRETTY PLEASE! We need two people who look alike and Mike is in the cast already and Matthew is the director so he can't be part of the cast."

"Who's the other guy?"

She smiled "Percy" she said "he wanted to join for the chance to play the crazy one. And you have to admit you two look alike"

He groaned "fine! I'll be in this stupid play"

"GREAT!" she said happily then skipped off.

"What have I gotten myself into" Poseidon asked

The day of the performance arrived. They were going to have their English class, after lunch which gave the group enough time to prepare for some last minute adjustments. The bell rang and the classroom was turned into a theater like room. Desks were pushed to the sides; chairs were placed in the middle for the audience. Then Hades closed the lights.

"Show time"

The king, also known as their classmate John, sat on his throne while Sam and Annie were in front of him.

"So" Sam said "you think you are worthy to marry my daughter?"

"Yes" Sam said "I am"

"Well to prove your worth" John said stepping down from his throne "you will have to fight me. I am the strongest fighter in the land no man has ever beaten me."

He takes off his shirt and show off some big muscles and Sam did the same as the crowd laughed. Allison in the sidelines was holding a guitar. And as the two fought, music started to play complementing the fight. The eye of the tiger echoed in the room as the two tried to knock the other down. Finally Sam becomes victorious.

The king slowly gets back in his feet and faces his opponent who had won fairly.

The light closes and without anyone noticing a switch was made. When the lights retuned, the king was face to face with Zeus.

"As the king of this land I shall allow you one more chance" the king said "two doors are before you one leads you to a beautiful woman, the other certain death. Choose wisely for one would cause you your life. Zeus, or Mike, thought for a moment then went for the left side door. He swiftly opened the door and jumped out of the way. It revealed a familiar girl for the young man.

"Bea!" Mike said then darkness flooded the room again. Mike and Bea were both in their home until someone violently knocks on their door. Mike opened the door to guards barricading into the room with the king behind them.

"Where is she?!" he demanded "where is my daughter!"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Lies!" the king said then the guards proceeded to capture Mike.

"Bea run" he said to his wife as she saw him try to escape their clutches. She made a break for it and was able to escape.

The lights closed and turned on as the next scene commenced.

Sam was being held down by a pair of guards. "I'll ask you again" the king said "where is she?"

"Somewhere you'll never find" Sam said

"Then you leave me no choice" it was again dark and Sam and Mike were again switched.

The king sat on his throne "release the mad men!"

In the side lines were Percy and Poseidon dressed in black with wild looks on their faces, red and brown marks all over, and were being 'restrained' by a chain. The mad men were released on Mike. Who was now being pushed back and forth like a child's toy, kicked and tormented.

That had left Mike on the brink of death. Bleeding slowly... Mike was dead.

The scene again changed. Sam and Annie met up with Bea in a far away town. Warning them of the king's hunt.

"Thank you" Sam said "we owe you one"

"You should come with us" Annie insisted "you'd be safer"

"Okay"

The narrator comes in "they had escape into the mountains. The king spent years searching in vain. And were unable to find them. And they lived a long and happy life"

The end

The group had a last group picture. Posing as their character in the story. The teacher held the camera while the others who weren't in the picture were standing behind him. Poseidon elbowed Hades in the stomach.

"Yes?"

"I believe that the drama king has returned"