Lyndsey/Patrick

"Leave me alone!" you scream at Patrick.

You two ere fighting because he was caught kissing another woman in public, he came home and tried to explain himself. But you know what you saw. You slammed the bedroom door and slid down the wall, burying your face in your hands. You felt the tears slide down your arms as you tried to keep your sobs quiet.

"Baby please, I hate it when you cry. Please, open the door." he begged, his voice needy and desperate.

You wiped your tears with the heel of your palm and sniffle softly. But you don't open the door, you slowly stand, balancing yourself against the door. You face the locked door, your sleeves pulled down the cover your hands, your arms crossed over your chest. You tightened your grip when he knocked again.

"Please." you hear his voice crack.

You want to swing open the door and let him take you in his arms, Lt him place small comforting kisses on your head and whisper that everything's going to be okay. But you won't let yourself be weak. You place your hand against he door and then your forehead, closing your eyes to sigh.

"What happened?" you sigh.

"She said she was a fan and that she-"

"Not with the girl Patrick, what happened, with us? We're not the same couple we were four years ago." you ask, your heart breaking a little.

"I-I I don't know." he sighs. "I just, maybe we're growing apart."

A tear drops from your cheek after sliding down and you bite your lip to hold back a sob. You nod, even though he can't see you, and step away from the door. You pry the gold ring off of your finger and open the door slowly. He looks up, his eyes are red and puffy, like yours. You sniffle and take his hand, placing the ring in his palm.

"I still love you. I'll be out by the morning." you say, then press a gentle kiss to his cheek, which is wet with tears.

He doesn't protest, just nods slowly and looks at the ring in his hand. He mumbles an 'I love you' as you close the bedroom door.

...

I'm a monster aren't I?