Stephanie/Pete

"Do you think it'll be made into a movie?" you ask Gerard on his comic, Umbrella Academy.

"Well, I'm not supposed to talk about it, but there's a good chance."

"I'd love to see it." you say, then drink from your cup.

You two talk a bit more and the conversation deepens into a topic you don't typically want to talk about. Pete.

"How is he anyways?" Gerard asks.

"Uh, not sure. I haven't really talked to him since the breakup."

You're eyes sting when you think about him. You remember the way his rough fingers caressed your cheek, and his soft voice when he tried to comfort you. You remember the times he made you laugh when you were down. Then he had to go and ruin it all with a one night stand.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be apologizing but I just never thought he'd be that kind of guy." Gerard says softly, stepping closer to you so you can hear him over the loud music.

"It's fine. I just-"

"Y/N? Y/N!" you hear someone shout.

You turn and stand frozen as Pete spots you and runs to you, wrapping his arms round you.

"I'm so sorry-" he starts.

You push him away and step back, disgust clear on your face.

"Pete, you should go." Gerard says, placing his cup down and standing in front of you.

Pete's eyebrows furrow and he steps towards Gerard, his fists clenched. A boy with shoulder length black layered hair steps towards Pete and grabs his arm. He tries to pull Pete away but Pete shoves him, the boy falls back but quickly stands back up.

"Fuck off Kellin." Pete says angrily.

"Dickface." Kellin mumbles under his breath.

The standoff continues until you step in and stand in front of Gerard.

"Are you two-?" Pete starts.

"No, not that it's really any of your business. Leave Pete, I told you that you fucked up for the last time and that we're done. Don't call me, don't follow me, and stop making a goddamn scene."

Patrick stumbles through the crowd, clearly intoxicated, and throws his hands up.

"This ain't a scene, its a goddamn arms race!" he shouts before collapsing to the ground.

You suppress your laughter and hold a serious face.

"But I love you." Pete says, defeated.

"Then you shouldn't have slept with some whore."

You walk out the front door with Gerard trailing behind you. Trades run down your face but you continue.