Chapter 14

Happy New Year Dear Readers. 💝🎊🎆

Kanawut Mew went in the open office and looked at everyone suspiciously. Who was it? Who was it that was helping these people? He couldn't guess so he went to his captain and sat him down.

"The evidence is gone." He said sadly.

"What?" The captain asked surprised.

"It's gone. I couldn't find it."

"What do you mean the evidence is gone?"

Kanawut was about start narrating his findings when his phone rang and it was Wes calling. He didn't answer.

No.

He couldn't pick it up.

He received a text message,

Just know that you're part of whatever is going on.

That bothered Kanawut that when Wes called again for the second time he excused himself and answered it.

"What in the world are you insinuating?"

"Well don't forget that the night you took p'Mew to your house, a person died."

Kanawut held his forehead as he felt sweat coating his skin.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He swore unpleased.

"Well. Just know that if you say anything right now you'll be doomed too. You're more attached to this case than I am. Your choice."

"Aaaarrrrggghhhh,"  Kanawut screamed almost slamming his phone on the ground. It was true that he was the most connected to this case. He had a terrible history with them and if anyone would be wanting revenge, it would be him. And as Wes highlighted, it would look like he helped Mew the night they spent together.

He was frustrated. Why did he have to be involved in this mess?

He had to find it. The bracelet was the only evidence he had so he had to find it. He was on his way back inside the station but his phone rang and he answered it right away.

"It's me." He heard Mew say.

"What do you want?" He wasn't nice.

"I want to talk to you"

"About what exactly Mew? About how you took me for a fool and killed people? About how you've been using my best friend to your advantage? About what exactly?"

"Let's meet up and talk."

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Because I won't resist wanting to cuff your hands the next time we meet up."

"That's ok with me. As long as you have enough evidence to support your claims then I won't resist it."

That made Kanawut hopeless. "Why are doing this to me?"

"I don't know. Why am I doing this to you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Let's meet up and talk. I'll be waiting at your house."

Kanawut wanted to argue but the phone ended before he could.

He had to look for the bracelet first. That was his priority. He went to the surveillance offices and asked to see the video of the evidence room from an hour ago. When he was asked why, he let them know that crucial evidence was missing.

They were watching the footage together but the guy sitting took it upon himself to explain further what was taking place.

"So between one hour only you and the cap went in the evidence room no one got in just the two of you."

Then that means the bracelet was taken before it came in the evidence room. Kanawut thought. So that means between the scene and the station someone took the bracelet. He thanked the surveillance guy and left trying to come up with a possible evidence thief. Who could it be?

It surely wasn't Wes.

He went back to the office and asked his colleague,

"Hey have you been in the office all day?"

"No, I just came in an hour ago, but Carl was in here all day." He answered going back to reviewing the file in his hand.

"Great. Thanks." Kanawut said and went to Carl. It made sense that he was in the office all day because he got injured from chasing some criminals about a week ago. So he usually spent most of his day in the office.

He approached him carefully and sat at his desk.

"Detective?" Carl asked surprised by the sudden visit.

"Hey so you were here all day?

"Yes. I've been writing reports all day."

"Did you see who received the evidence from the forensics?"

"It was captain."

"Then it means the forensics team took the evidence." He thought out loud.

"What are you talking about? I saw captain verifying the contents of the box. It was a wristband of some sort."

"A bracelet." Kanawut corrected. "So you saw it?"

"Yes. Besides, if it was empty then the captain wouldn't have signed against it."

Kanawut sat up. It made sense. It made so much sense that he looked at the door of the captains office with another shocking realization.

It was the captain who took the bracelet.