Chapter 17

☝️☝️☝️New Story Alert.

Kanawut took Lin in the interrogation room and texted the captain to be watching from the other side.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" The detective asked as soon as they settled in.

"It's about Mew."

"What about him?"

Lin struggled as he said, "He is not who you think he is."

Kanawut was confused so he kept quiet listening,

"He is really scary."

"Give it to me straight without going in circles."

"He is a PSYCHO,"

"As if I didn't know that." Kanawut whispered and Lin heard it,

"No you don't know what i mean."

"Then tell me," he urged.

"He made us do everything."

"What are you talking about?" Kanawut frowned.

"Our group of friends was created by Mew, ten years ago. Each and everyone was handpicked by Mew and that's how we became friends. I was the first to get picked and I still don't know why because my personality was different from the rest. Xu, Per, Rem and Day were all dominants  and I'm a submissive by nature so there was an imbalance but still he made it work. They were heartless and unforgiving and so rude too but he still wanted to be their friends.

Mew was so calculative and manipulative that he would create a situation without getting involved. He would choose the routes we would walk everyday. What I noticed at first was how he tried to divert our focus to one particular thing by using repetition. I remember the first time they picked out some to bully, we took the same route for two weeks because there was a boy who took the route too. The boys noticed him and they knew what he would do because we saw him for two whole weeks and he started annoying them so he became a target for bullying.

He trained us without having to teach us. He used repetition until we get that there's something we're supposed to see. And then he only started doing things once. He made us understand that everything he did had a reason. He didn't just do anything without a reason. He would be by himself if he didn't want us to mind. He fed the group ideas and because they didn't notice they thought it was their own planning.

After all that, he was never a part of anything that we did. He observed. Smiling, as if proud that his plan had worked."

He opened his laptop and clicked a few times before turning it to the detective. A video started playing. Kanawut's eyes widened in realization. The video the captain had showed him but this one longer.

He saw them beat the boy in an alley, Xu, Rem Day Per and Lin were all captured in the video.

"Who do you think was holding the camera?" Lin asked.

"Mew." Kanawut whispered.

"He is a mastermind and he always knows what he is doing."

"So it was Mew behind the captain's son's death?" He thought out loud,

"He made us watch news of people committing suicide all week and the guys started using suicide to push the boy that's how he ended up jumping from the rooftop."

They heard a thud on the mirrored wall and kanawut knew it was the captain losing it. He had been used.

"Wait, let me show you something." Lin took the laptop and clicked a few buttons then faced it to Kanawut.

In the video was Lin, someone was taking a video of him. Then he saw the focus of the camera shift from Lin to a building not too far from them. He could see a person standing on top of the building.

"Ready?" He heard Mew's voice,

Lin nervously replied, "yes I'm ready."

"Ok three," Mew started counting down slowly,

"Two,"

"One and,

They saw the boy fell from the building until he landed on the ground.

"Bam." They heard Mew say lazily in the background and the video was cut. Kanawut looked at the mirror with eyes wide open. The captain was going to lose his shit.

"About you," Lin hesitantly said.

Kanawut raised his face surprised and still shocked that the Mew he knew was this type of person, "What about me?"

"He made you notice him."

"What?"

"I don't know when was the first time he saw you but I remember him changing our usual routine and he would prefer to walk alone in the back when we were together so he could accidentally touch you without anyone noticing. We didn't eat in the canteen but then all of a sudden we started going to eat there everyday and he would always take the path in your view so you would notice him and when you did, he started 'noticing you too' giving you some glances. That's how it started."

That was no lie. Kanawut clearly remembered that's how it started. Lin continued,

"I don't know why he took that long to make you talk to him but he knew when you were ready. Didn't you find it suspicious that we were there next to you guys when you confessed your feelings? He had us there without telling us to, he wanted us to overhear your confession and when he did he left."

Kanawut was in denial. How could Lin sit here and tell him his past was a lie? That the only love he knew was all a game? "It can't be, I saw his face, I saw him panic."

"I think you must've already noticed."

"What?"

"Mew wears emotions. He does not feel them."