Chapter 19

"Why then? If I am the pending one why did he call you all? Why kill you guys in the process of getting back to me? I understand he was trying to play with me but he go to such lengths?"

"You have to answer these questions yourself Detective. I'm so scared because I know he is coming for me next. So that's why I had to come here and tell you all this."

Kanawut went quiet. This was something else for sure. He kept on thinking. Everything now made sense.

"So the reunion was planned by him too?"

"Obviously." Lin replied.

"Why?"

"He wanted justification for what he was about to do next. He knew I would give a statement in favor of him that why he created the scenario. He knew how it was going to play out." Lin remembered how he followed Mew out of the club as if he knew. How he tried to give excuses so Mew wouldn't be angry at him. That could be the reason why he wasn't killed first.

"That means you and I are not safe."  Kanawut stayed.

"Yes we all are not." Lin agreed.

"But why?" He just couldn't get it. They had been taken off the case so he wasn't sure what to do now.

The captain came in the interrogation room and called kanawut out.

He stood there speechless and disappointed. "I think we have enough information to get the case back. Get the videos from Lin and and all evidence from the Intelligence unit and forensics we can use. I'm going to go on my knees so we can get the case back and we'll need to do a departmental briefing or maybe and external briefing since the media is now aware."

"Just to make sure, how far were you involved in this mess?"

"The video was sent to me by Wes the day he lost his bracelet and he asked me to hold on to the evidence for now. That's all there is."

"Can I trust you on this?"

"Yes." The captain confirmed.

Kanawut went and found Wes. They stood in a secluded place, "You must know what's going on now. Now I need to know how connected are you to this case?"

"I first saw Mew the day he came here whilst we were responding to a crime. I bumped into him and my cuffs fell down. He looked so elegant and Dracula scary. He had an aura to him and then he came to me again with some really bad evidence against me and asked me to do as he say when he came here. Then I saw him at the hospital and he really is scary."

"What did you do?" Kanawut asked,

"Let him sneak out." Wes said petting the hair at the back of his head embarrassed by his confession.

"I knew it!"

"Twice." Wes added,

"What?" Kanawut was surprised.

"In both occasions."

"That cannot be. I watched him all night on the live cam."

"Revisit that video again."

"I watched it all night. I know what I'm talking about."

"It's a device that only records the first hour of the video and starts repeating it."

Kanawut chuckled in disbelief.

Of course it does.

How could he not noticed it. How Wes kept on checking on Mew every time the nurse came in. It was the same video. He laughed in despair. He was at that point in life where he realized he was running around on the same spot.

"Did you kill anyone?" He needed to know.

"No. He did it all by himself."

"I see. And the bracelet?"

"He lost his and I gave him mine. He didn't realize he had a bracelet when he went out."

He sighed.

Why was Mew doing this to him? He really wanted to know why. But there was no way of finding it out now so he did what he had to do. He drafted the presentation for the Chief and the whole department. Things were going down.

About two hours later, he was in front of the projector,

He told them from what happened ten years ago, how Mew formed a group of friends and how he made them commit crimes. He showed them the videos Lin had. He told them how Mew orchestrated a crime scene to frame his friends. He showed them the pictures of Mew's state when they found him and the letter that was posted.

"What evidence do you have to show that he orchestrated a crime scene?" It just seemed too real to their eyes.

Kanawut hit the next button and the report from the forensics came on the projector.

"Only his fingerprints were on the crime scene. At first we thought it could be suspects who smeared his fingerprints all over intentionally but it was because he did alone."

He went on to tell them how Mew sneaked out of the hospital to kill Day. He told them how he sneaked out of his house to kill Xu.

"Why was he at your house?" The Chief asked.

"When he was discharged from the hospital he had no where to go, his house hadn't been cleaned yet. At this point he was just a victim in our eyes so I offered him a place to sleep." He explained.

"How did you not notice he slipped out?" The Chief asked again.

"He slept in a different room." Kanawut lied.

"If he slept in a different room how did you notice he slipped out?" The deputy asked.

"I heard some suspicious movements during the night,"

The questions could've kept on coming but the captain cleared his throat loudly and that made everyone stop firing questions at the lying detective.

His briefing continued.

He told them how he faked an accident right in front of a police station to avoid getting questioned. He told them how he sneaked out of the hospital again to kill Rem and how the nurses told them he didn't have any major injuries. He told them how he left the hospital to kill Per and how they suspect Lin to be the next target.

He left all the details that showed all their involvement in helping Mew.

He clicked the last slide on his presentation.

"What we are after is a man who exhibited killer behavior at an early age. It's a man who has been plotting for ten years and has taken 4 lives the reason still unknown. Basing on the letter he wrote on the first day he reappeared, it shows his desire to become a new person thus his past self had to be cleansed and he needed to cut off people from his past and conclude pending cases."

He said the last part with an unconfident voice.

"Ok so what's your conclusion?" The Chief asked,

"We not only have a serial killer on the lose,"

He looked at his captain then at Wes,

"We have a PSYCHOPATH on the loose."