Chapter 1

In the bar, six men met and shared a very beautiful night after almost 10 years of not seeing each other. It was a fun night, one filled with beers and reminiscence of the heydays. It was filled with tears of laughter and catching up on lost time. It was a wonder how they never got in touch again after attending high school, how everyone scattered across the country and behind the boarders to pursue different goals and dreams.

In the ten years they hadn't seen each other, Xu became a baseball player, he always had a passion for sports in high school so he continued in University and was now in a team.

Rem was in the engineering industry but his camping and fishing hobby was what made his weekend fun. They used to go camping back then too, all six of them.

Day grew up playing with knives from a very young age. He had used them when he wasn't supposed to that's why he was inspired to become a butcher at his father's advice right after the incident.

Per was in his family painting business and he was now a Director, soon to be President of the company. It was going well.

Then Lin, he was so good at studying but he met the wrong company for friends. He had messed up with the incident but thanks to his father's connections, the record was rubbed off on his papers and he successfully became a doctor.

Lin laughed at a joke and then said, "you guys remember the last incident at school before he left?" He finished the last part pointing at Mew. His eyes were full of uncertainty though as he brought up the incident from the past.

Per shook his head looking at Mew and said, "I still feel your pain whenever I think about what happened that day. I mean how did he think of asking you out of all people. Thank goodness we were close by."

"I'm always having nightmares of that night," Day responded, "however I wake up smiling because we saved you in time."

"It could have been anything but seriously a guy asking you out was something that was unforgivable." Xu finished.

Lin asked, not really curious but for the sake of keeping the topic going, "What happened to him?"

Rem did a one shot of his strong wine and smacked his lips getting ready to respond, "I don't care if he dropped dead to be honest."

Mew clenched his fists under the table. He glared at Rem as he continued slandering the LGBTQ+ community. He continued, "I just wish for a world with no gays and lesbians, a world free with just natural people falling in love naturally with opposite sex as it should've been."

Xu all this while was analyzing Mew's reaction to the topic and he noticed something. He chuckled, an arrogant smirk on his face, "You guys he is not enjoying this talk let's drop it."

Rem looked at Mew too and said, "I wouldn't too if I were in his shoes. I mean he had to go away because of a gay boy." He turned to Xu and asked, "Would you if you were in his shoes too?"

"I wouldn't. His life came apart because of that boy." Xu finished.

"It's been a decade and people are changing, the society is embracing them too so I should just let it go." Mew cautiously explained.

"Embracing them my foot." Per countered.

Mew's vein on his temple popped and became transparent. He grabbed some raw wine and gulped down willing the burn to distract him from the discussion at hand.

The hard alcohol only brought his mind back to high school. If only they knew how wrong they were. They were so wrong about everything. He had been the one to approach the boy secretly. He had seduced the innocent boy by fleeting touches in the hallway and winks when no one was watching. The boy gathered courage to confess his feelings because he fell hard too.

It was a private proposal that suddenly went public against their wishes. 'Would you go out with me for a movie,' was the line used. It was so simple and so innocent however before Mew could reply, his five friends emerged out of no where and started laughing at him.

Mew was left with no choice but to pretend as if he didn't know what was happening. He pretended he didn't lead him on for almost a year. He acted as if he was a total stranger. He looked away when the boys grabbed the tickets the boy was holding and started beating him and spitting on him.

The following morning, it became news that the boy broke some bones and he was critical but no one was remorseful for their actions. Every one took Mew's side. Even without knowing the full story they labeled him innocent and it was just too much for him. So he left. He left everything and moved away to a place where no one knew him, thinking that maybe, just maybe, it'll alleviate the situation.

These people were here spitting on his childhood once again and he didn't know how to react to that. The fact that they were seated comfortably with wine glasses in their hands, one leg over the other, enjoying a past that he deeply regretted, made his blood rush with a feeling he couldn't explain.

The alcohol was getting to his head and he could feel his mood changing. The beauty of the night vanished as the atmosphere changed.