Chapter 9

@krystal_anne08 I enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you for reading.

"A call came in this morning and Xu has been found dead,"

That woke Kana totally, "What?!"

"He was found murdered this morning."

"I'm coming in ASAP." He ended the call.

He got up and headed for the shower leaving a peck on Mew's forearm. When he was done preparing, Mew was sitting on the bed, his back against the headboard.

"What's happening? He asked distracting Kanawut with his naked chest.

"One more suspect from your case was found murdered this morning."

"Good riddance?"

That halted Kanawut's steps. "What?"

"You don't expect me to suddenly feel sympathetic when they almost left me dead do you?"

"I-i mean we don't have concrete evidence." He stuttered.

"Are you saying I'm lying?"

"No we just need more time."

"Then I'm supposed to suffer because of your incompetence?"

Kanawut felt insulted but he swallowed his pride, "I know how you feel."

Mew wanted to argue but kanawut went on,

"I've been in the same situation as you. I've felt and experienced the humiliation and trust me I get it but rejoicing in another man's death is wrong."

Mew smiled and Kanawut noticed. It rubbed him the wrong way.

"So who was the first?"

"Day."

"Mhmm," he replied nonchantly.

Kanawut came closer his head tilted with suspicion, "are you in any way involved in these murders?"

"And what if I am?"

"I'm serious this is not funny."

"I made love to you and I held you throughout the night. Does it make sense to you that I killed someone?"

"What was that pill? Where did you get it from?"

"It was on my bag."

"I packed your clothes there were no pills."

"They were always there."

"Why?"

"Are you investigating me right now? Didn't they make you feel good? Did you not like it?"

"I liked it."

"Then what's the problem? What's with these questions?"

"I guess I'm paranoid with these people dying instead of paying for what they did."

"Snuggle before work? Mew offered to end the conversation.

Kana came on the bed and sat on Mew's lap. He held his neck and kissed him hard not minding the morning breath.

"Tempting but I have to run." He kissed Mew one more time and withdrew with a frown,

"You have changed." He said.

"It's called growing up."

"I'll see you at the station?"

"Station?" Mew asked surprised.

Kanawut chuckled and said, "you're supposed to come to the station for your statement."

"Oh yeah that. I'll see you there."

Kanawut left and when he arrived at the police station, everyone was in the briefing room, the captain in front of them looking gloomy.

He went in too and saw the pictures on the glass board, he looked away sensitive. The pictures were gruesome.

"What happened?" he asked the captain.

"We don't know, he was found dead in his house. Forensics said he died between 1 to 3 am." The captain answered.

"So it's a serial killer out there?" Another detective asked.

"It's too soon to call it that but that's what we think," Wes answered this time.

"And they are targeting the group of people that went to the reunion?" Kanawut asked for confirmation,

"Yes, it's probably revenge for what they did to Mew," Wes replied.

"Who is the person most likely to be wanting revenge against them?" The captain asked.

"Well, there is Mew himself," Wes answered.

"But it doesn't add up." The captain shared his doubt.

"Yes, he was in the hospital when it happened the first time." Kanawut enlightened.

"What about the second time?" the captain asked.

Everyone looked at Kanawut. He had switched places with Wes when Mew woke up. It was his responsibility.

He looked around and saw everyone looking at him, "He was at my place."

"Why?" Someone randomly asked.

"His house is still wrecked and bloody so he crashed at my place."

"Did he leave during the night or show any suspicious moves?" The captain asked Kanawut.

"He didn't." Wes looked at him and looked away.

As the captain was about to ask more questions, three men came budging in the station as if someone was chasing them.

No one asked why they were being this way, it was understandable. Per, Rem and Lin stood there looking nervous. Their faces showed how scared they were and these detectives were their only hope.

The captain offered them seats in the open spaced office.

"Ok, you know what's happening here and you need to come clean about what went down the Friday night that Mew got attacked."

"We didn't do it." Rem answered earnestly.

"I was at home that night. Please Detective trust me. I didn't do anything. I have gay friends myself why would I do that to Mew?" Lin explained.

"So are you saying we did it because we don't have gay friends?" Per directed his question to Lin.

"I heard what you said when he left. You said if he was gay ten years ago you would have beaten him too together with Gulf,"

Detective Kanawut jumped at the mention of his name. Wes looked at him and mothed, calm down.

"Are you confirming that Mew is gay?" Per raised his voice in confrontation.

"Are you confirming that you almost killed him because of that?" Lin countered with the same voice and tone.

"OK! OK!" The captain clapped his hands to stop the argument from going on. He looked at Kanawut and said, "Call Mew to come down here right now."

"He was supposed to come in an hour."

"there's no harm in coming an hourly early."

"Ok let me call him."

He dialed Mew's number but it didn't connect. He tried two more times but still, it didn't go through. It was when he was about to dial for the last time that a panicked voice came on the radio frequency sitting on Wes' desk.

"There's been an accident at the entrance of the police station. Two people are badly injured. I called the ambulance already."

Kanawut felt a creeping feeling at the back of his spine.

Wes took the frequency and pressed a button to respond, "can you identify the victims?" He asked.

About two minutes later, the voice came back on the radio,

"We just found out that one of the people in the accident is a man named Mew."