Chapter 15

He charged into the captain's office angry and as soon as he was standing in front of the desk, the captain knew Kanawut found out the truth.

"Where is it?" He asked gritting his teeth.

"It's not here anymore." the man answered lazily, not seeming fazed.

"Why? Why did you take it?"

"I think they need to pay for what they did."

"You know the truth cap. They didn't do it."

"they did it to you so they deserve it."

Kanawut staggered, "how do you know about that?"

"I just know."

"But cap..."

"They need to pay back." He said it again this time emotional than the first.

"I'm not even complaining why are you so dead set on supporting them?!?"

"Detective,"

"You're helping murderers and that's a crime I'm not going to overlook sir,"

"Detective,"

"This is going to be the last time I pay respect to you as my senior and leader."

He started walking out feeling absolute anger but before he could hold the door handle he heard an audio playing. He turned around curious.

The captain was holding his phone watching the screen intently but all he could hear were teenagers voices laughing and seeming to be enjoying themselves.

"How can I not when they did this to my son?"

Still curious Kanawut came back and saw the video playing. He gasped holding his mouth when he saw the teenagers who almost ended his life. He saw the group of five boys, beating the crap out of a boy. He immediately looked an the desk in front of him and saw the picture of the boy posing for a picture with a bright smile looking so different than in the video where he was crouching on the floor, face full of fear.

He always saw his captain holding this picture and it made sense now.

"They took him away from me. All of these years I've been looking for the ones who robbed me of my happiness and it turned out to be these same people that almost killed you."

Kanawut shook his head trying to make sense of this sudden twist.

"When did you figure this out? Don't tell me all this while...

"It doesn't matter. It's been more than a decade since my son died. He committed suicide because of bullying. They made him jump from the rooftoop." The captain chocked in tears, "I looked for them everywhere but they disappeared into thin air. I've been searching for them to get justice for my son only to realize its these same people. What would you have done if you were in my shoes Detective? Forget about being a law enforcer, as a father what would you have me do in this situation?"

Kanawut sat down. he remembered the injustice he felt when he heard they had been expelled from school and never did he see them again until now.

Everything was taking a toll on him. It was too much discoveries in one day. He got up and left for his house. The day was almost over anyway. Besides what else could he do when the captain was siding with the criminals for a somewhat justifiable reason.

As soon as he got home, he saw Mew waiting for him in his bedroom. His door had been locked but Mew had gotten in. "What the hell are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" Mew asked back.

"You've robbed me of my right to let them pay back for what they did to me years back. I thought we had something going on?"

"Don't we?" Mew asked with a light chuckle in his voice, slowly approaching Kanawut.

"Don't you dare." Kanawut's hand went on his waist by reflex, trying to get hold of a weapon but he had none.

Mew was unfazed and with a smirk he kept on approaching Kanawut, face full of arrogance. "Don't we have something special going on? Gulf?" he asked tone very light as if he were making some jokes.

"Not after finding out you're a murderer and you've involved my Bestfriend into your games."

Mew's face changed.

"Murderer?" He scrunched his face in confusion, "I don't know what you're talking about and besides they are not games."

Kanawut was left confused by the statement. Mew had admitted and refuted that he was a murderer in one sentence. "So what are they? Why did you come back? Why are you doing this to me?"

Mew was now standing in front of Gulf with a smirk still plastered on his face. "I don't know." His answer was accompanied with s shrug.

Kanawut admitted then that the person before him was not the boy he used to know.

He felt the coldness radiating from Mew.

He felt the barrier separating their worlds.

He felt like he was seeing a completely different person.

Kanawut was contemplating on what to do next with this person when suddenly the person  was standing in his personal space.

"What are you doing?" He asked in disapproval.

"I missed you."  Mew's face changed again completely. Now there was despair and longing  displayed on his face.

"Please stop." Kanawut warned.

"You didn't miss me too?" Mew went on.

"I don't want this anymore." Kanawut scolded himself when he heard his voice waver.

"But I do." Mew whispered pecking kanawut's  cheeks. He stepped back with his hand stopping Mew from coming further.

"This is the last time."

Kanawut looked up at that and saw desperation on Mew's face he never saw before. "This is our last time together and I risked everything coming here to see you, to feel you for the last time knowing you might put a bullet through my head. But I still came." The amount of emotions in Mew's voice suffocated Kanawut.

Kanawut looked away not wanting to be convinced further by the sweet talk. That was a Mistake on his part. He felt a fluttering feeling when Mew slowly embraced him from the back engulfing him in a soft and tight hug, his face buried in his neck.

One thing led to another and they had another hot night.

It was when he was stretching in the morning that he heard his phone ringing from somewhere in the room. He got up butt naked and took his pants from the floor drowsily. He searched for the phone in the pockets until he found it. When he saw the captain's name on the screen he knew what was awaiting on the other side was not going to be good news. He looked back on the bed as he answered the phone realizing that Mew is gone.

"Hello." He said looking around and noticing a post it note on his bedroom door.

"Kanawut," the captain sighed whilst he reached out and took the small paper from his door.

He looked at the wink drawn on the paper and heard the captain say,

"Per is dead."