eight

Jungkook really hadn't known what to expect when he showed up at Jimin's apartment, but it wasn't this.

He swung the door open, dressed in grey joggers and a cozy looking sweater. His hair was even styled. It was unlike him, as far as Jungkook was aware. It even made him feel rather silly in his own clothes, much more used to Jimin looking more dressed up. But the blonde paid that fact no mind, tugging him in with a grin and nudging slippers in his direction.

"I'm sorry I just woke up, I was at Persona until late last night." He said sheepishly.

"Don't be sorry, you look..cozy."

Jimin grinned at that and held a hand out to motion towards the kitchen table.

"Take a seat, I'll make us some coffee. How do you take it?"

"Black." Jungkook answered, quickly obeying the man by taking a seat.

He couldn't deny the warm feeling of being taken care of when the mug was set down in front of him, Jimin's careful eyes watching him as he took his first sips. His gaze retreated into satisfaction when he saw that the younger liked the drink, his large hands curled around the ceramic.

The two sat in silence, but it was far from uncomfortable. Jungkook always considered himself quite a busybody. He always had to keep himself occupied. Whether it was studying or working out or playing video games, if he was still then he felt unproductive. It was easy for him to fall back into his depressed moods if he wasn't being stimulated by something. But in Jimin's apartment, he was content with just existing there. It seemed as though even when they weren't doing anything or saying anything, his energy was still able to be focused on Jimin.

His apartment was significantly different from Jungkook's. Jungkook and Taehyung's apartment was a mis-match of furniture and decor, the two having vastly different interior aesthetics and a tight budget. Some of it had been from Taehyung's grandmother, things too sentimental to be replaced by other stuff. They both went to bed late, their blinds always shut. Jungkook actually questioned if he had ever seen out a few of his windows before.

Jimin's apartment looked the exact opposite, it seemed like something out of a catalogue. It was bright and airy, tones of tan and white all over. Jungkook questioned how everything was kept so neat, but it was only one person so maybe that made the clean up process of everything much easier.

It seemed a little too perfect though, there were hardly any personal touches. He'd only seen one picture on the walls that indicated anything about Jimin's personal life. Though he hadn't seen his bedroom yet, the space felt empty in a way he hadn't noticed before.

"So," Jimin started, startling him out of his thought process. "We should talk about your research first."

Right, this is why he had to come over. For the talk.

"I know you already read everything I sent you, did you finish any of the books?" He questioned, crossing his legs in his chair.

"I finished two of them. The ones I told you about, I'm still working on the other two though."

"That's fine, with how busy you are I'm impressed that you finished any." He complimented with a soft smile, Jungkook could feel a tiny bubble of pride spread across his chest at the words.

"Do you have any questions you're still curious about?"

"Most of them I found answers for, but I still wanna ask you a couple. Is that okay?" Jungkook asked shyly and grinned when he was met with a nod.

The younger boy went to his side and reached into his bag, pulling out a notebook. He flipped to his pages of questions, ignoring the answered ones that had been scribbled out.