fifteen

hey guys!! so there's only one more update :0 chapter 16 is really a final ending and chapter 17 is more of a epilogue so it didn't make sense to me to update them at different times. they'll be up Wednesday. :)

Jungkook can feel the way the iced americano travels down his throat as he sips it. He nearly shudders at the sensation but is able to hold back as he shoots Minji a grateful smile. She raised her petite hand in a thumbs up before turning back to her notes, carefully looping her letters over a wash of pink highlighter. Once she's turned around he allows himself to wince before he gives in and takes another chilling swallow of the coffee.

He knows that skipping breakfast isn't good, and that Taehyung would probably force feed him later on in the day when he realized Jungkook had forgotten once again, but truthfully he hadn't had the energy. It was almost too much effort to show up to class in sweatpants, forget making breakfast.

Everything in the last week had felt like too much effort. Even waking up his eyes felt heavier than they had in a long time. He didn't like to associate his depressive moods with the people in his life but he couldn't deny that life hadn't been that grim since before he met Jimin. His anxiety, depression and general mental health issues hadn't magically gone away when he met the man, not by a long shot. But Jimin inspired him, motivated him. Jimin made him want to be better, to come out on the other side of things. His submission was an escape, but it was also a tool. He hadn't ever allowed himself to let someone else shoulder responsibility until Jimin, and honestly it took a lot of the stress away.

Not only was Jimin gone, something he had tried to prepare himself for the moment he met him, but they had ended on bad terms. That was something that had never occurred to Jungkook. He always thought they would end things amicably, that the man would eventually find someone he truly loved and wanted in every capacity, and hopefully by then Jungkook would have gotten over his feelings for him, or at least had the abilities to manage them. They would stay friends and maybe in ten years they would go out to dinner with their spouses and Jungkook wouldn't even feel an ounce of pain, just fondness over their memories.

But even that was out of the question now, because Jungkook was an idiot and if he couldn't run, he sure as hell was going to make sure someone else did.

Of course he hadn't wanted Jimin to leave. His endless pleas and admittedly dramatic declaration of love had made that clear. He had prepared for what would happen if Jimin hadn't felt the same way, but to have him stand there and say that everything Jungkook felt wasn't real made him want to run and hide. It had hurt to see Jimin so appalled at the idea of being loved by Jungkook. As if someone like Jungkook loving him was the worst thing that could happen.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of the professor dismissing the class and he gathered his supplies up in a rush, frowning when he realized how much make up work he would have to complete over the weekend. It wouldn't take much effort or time to complete it. Jungkook was confident he could test out of the class completely had he been given the option. But he was normally ahead of schedule when he came to schoolwork and to actually have to prioritize it wasn't ideal.

He left the classroom in a hurry, only nodding and giving a thumbs up when he heard Minji's voice calling out to him saying to text her. He would later on, while they hadn't really hung out since their one night stand, he still looked forward to the commentary she texted him with when she finally got around to watching one of his anime recommendations.

The sound of his phone buzzing caused his brows to furrow in confusion as he buckled his seatbelt. He relaxed when he saw his mother's number pop up on the screen and answered the call as he pulled out of the parking lot, the phone pressed between his ear and his shoulder until he was on the road.